Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • images/posts removed . please do not post jpg picture images directly to a post . read upload and redact in jpg then convert using on of the listed websites there to convert to one multipage pdf only . that way only logged-in,registered and approved caggers are the only ones that can download and see them . else anyone can see them caggers or not. dx
    • OK, I will do now.   I did look to black out certain things, but I was not sure what I should and should not redact and there was nothing on there that was personal enough for me to be concerned with being made public. So I am happy for all to view, but if you are kind enough to redact what is needed as per the forum rules, that would be amazing. Armtrak Defence documents_compressed.pdf   I was planning on collecting up other court cases they have lost, to refer to as part of my evidence, I'm not sure if this is worth doing or could just confuse matters?   But there seem to be many where the judge has ruled against them because of confusing and not clearly displayed signage, trespass, as well as their charge being £100, which is more than the Bevis case said was reasonable.    A quick search found this article as one example KBT cornwall lose case article.pdf   Lastly, I will go to the site to get updated images, but from google earth, you can see from the pictures the entrance states it is for the hotel parking, which I follwed instructions and gave my details to the hotel. Where I think my car was parked (it was that long ago I'm not exactly sure) there are signs on the opposite wall, but it was 12.30am, pitch black and they could not be seen.          
    • yes but have the landowner paid this years contract fee. no evidence they have in the ws. pop it back up now if you wish. the forum is quiet i'll redact it for you so we have the info.   dx  
    • Thank you all so much for taking the time to comment and help, I really do appreciate it.   Just to elaborate a bit more on the background, just because my lack of knowledge of the process might mean I've actually done things along the way that I did not know what they were and so hadn't mention it.    When they decided to go to court, I was offered mediation, which I took. I offered to pay the reduced rate, just to make it go away, but insisted it was not an admission of guilt, it was a goodwill gesture to save us all the effort of court. They refused and wanted £250.    A court date was set, but in Leeds, then a couple weeks later I received another letter saying it had been moved to London.   I was not aware I had any say in which court it would be held at, but I now understand i have good reason to request it is moved to a local one to me, which is also local to the offending place, I will call the court tomorrow and explain that. But so far I have only been told what is happening, I've not been given the choice for anything.   They seem to be going down the route of a contract breach, not trespass which is interesting. There is a document in the evidence which has the agreement between themselves which I assumed meant they can pursue me.    I am going to visit the site again shortly, at midnight the time of the offence and take pictures to build a case file of the route I took to enter the car park, how it is in the hotel grounds and no signs can be seen.    Am I right in saying, the fact they do not actually have any pictures of my car in the location they say it was in, just because all of the pictures they have were at 12/30am and it was pitch black, I am going to say my car was parked correctly in the hotel side, not on their land and it is then up to them to prove otherwise, which they are not able to do, because the burden of proof lies with the claimant I think?
    • did you move during the duration of this agreement.   dx  
  • Our picks


Tax Credits Overpayment-help!!!!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3633 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi guys!...ive been abit of a lurker on here but now i need serious help!

I am now divorced and have been only a few weeks, when i was married we claimed both tax credits and my husband was the worker in the family, i have had a letter today to say that in the year ending april 2009 we put down we earned £9175 but we actually earned £23459.Now when we were married my husband did all the financially things including claiming for tax credits, only now i have dovorced him and having my home repossessed have things come to light, this being the most recent.

Firstly do i have to repay the whole amount?

i am now in another relationship and claming for this family, will they take this off me?

I have no idea were my ex husband is, only were he works, and his phone number.

I dont have the proof of his wages or his p60s so how can i show them evidence?

Really really scared...hes left me with debts rolling into thousands as it is and i hoped that that wa sit but now this has turned up and i just feel like i cant take anymore, we dont qualify for help form a solicitor and we cant afford to instruct one for this now. PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there and welcome to CAG. Firstly, how many thousands are we talking? Usually HMRC are lenient when it comes to repaying debt (In what i say, i mean they allow repayments in time etc).


I'd write to them or phone them, give them your ex-husbands contact details (You say you only have his mobile number and place of work, give them these), is there a chance you will gain any equity from your home after it is repo'd? I am sure you wont have to repay the lot, as this is your ex-Husband's responsibility as much as it is yours, all you can do is help them along with things by giving them details of what you yourself earnt and provide his contact details.


Did you know nothing of the amount put down on the claim form? Did you sign the claim form?


I hope this gets sorted but i would recommend contacting them.


Good luck.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, they say on the letter that we told them our income was £9175 but that total earned was £23459, i earned £5312 as payment fromt he benefits system.

I am drafted a letter with everything i know about him works address and phone number, care reg, i know this may be daft but the other bailiffs i have had here were really pleased with that!...there was nothing left from the house, and as i said the bills that are left i have been left to pay because i cant get him to pay them and he keeps moving!...


He always sorted the tax credits now i know why!......i didnt know he had been given raise at work and i didnt even know he had tried to have the house remortgaged. im sure i will have sighned the claim form.

I'll get everything together and send them off and hope i dont have to pay the whole amount back.

thanks for your help

ang x

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, get the letter drafted, save a copy (You probably know the procedure already but just incase)


I am not trying to imply that you wont do, but tell them that he keeps moving address and that he was the one who handled the household finances, show willingness to help them, HMRC are a really funny bunch of people if you don't comply, so best thing to do is show that you are on their side, they can't expect you to pay the whole amount as it was a joint household claim, and though your ex seemed to deal with finances, you are responsible as you signed there. He seems like an idiot, trying to befraud the system, but then again, it seems there is alot of background financial issues and that probably led him to this stupidity, all the same, i hope you get a positive reply, and if you need any help or want any more feedback on this, just reply here, i can offer my advice and there are many others, let me know what happens and good luck with it. I'm sure you will be fine. Good night.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

ok if you did owe them they would make hubby pay half anyway also as it was an old claim with ur ex they cannot and will not take any money out of ur current claim,it has to be arranged thru pverpayment team and explain that u cannot afford alot maybe £5 a month at the most they they come to an aggreement with u over the phone and they may even say pay less hopefull £2.50 a month,at least this way its nt a big chunk of money coming out of yours and new fellas money..appeal anyway you may b better off

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...