Jowo

Attachment of Earnings - Data protection and employer

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3629 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

The claimant may know who my employer is because I mentioned it on a social networking site.

Can they verify with my employer directly if I work with them or must they take me to court to be questioned to ascertain this as part of the attachment of earnings process?

Are there any data protection clauses that mean an employer doesn't have to say if an employee works there when an enquiry is made by a creditor?

thanks

The claimant may know who my employer is because I mentioned it on a social networking site.

Can they verify with my employer directly if I work with them or must they take me to court to be questioned to ascertain this as part of the attachment of earnings process?

Are there any data protection clauses that mean an employer doesn't have to say if an employee works there when an enquiry is made by a creditor?

thanks

They will need to take you to court to get this information,there is info on the HMCS website about the process.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

To the best of my knowledge the DCA is not allowed to contact your employer for confirmation of employment although that's not to say they won't (a dirty tactic and against the law) so if they do be sure to hammer them for it. Your emplyer should refuse to give them any information anyway under the data protection act.

Besides only the court can apply an attachment of earnings order so the DCA can't just take your wages.