babybear39

Callcredit sold to private equity firm

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3628 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Callcredit sold to private equity firm - 07/12/2009

handshake_deal.jpg

Skipton Building Society has sold its majority stake in credit reference agency Callcredit Information Group (CIG) to London-based private equity firm Vitruvian Partners.

According to a statement from Skipton, Vitruvian Partners has purchased its share for an undisclosed sum with the full support of CIG's management team. It was one of five private equity players initially shortlisted, as reported in Credit Today.

The deal generates around £40m of additional profit for Skipton while for CIG, it marks the start of a new era as an independent organisation.

Vitruvian Partners will take Skipton’s place on the board and is looking to inject fresh investment, ideas and experience into the business' development. CIG will continue to pursue its strategic direction under its current leadership.

Skipton chief executive David Cutter said: "CIG has been a major success story for Skipton of which we are very proud.

"Our support and guidance has enabled the business to penetrate the credit referencing and marketing information markets and, in doing so, to become a serious rival to the major players, from which it continues to take market share."

He said Skipton decided CIG was no longer core to its future business direction.

Cutter added: "We concluded that this is the appropriate time for CIG to move on and for its next growth phase to be supported by private equity, rather than ourselves as a member-owned building society.

"We're delighted to have achieved such a positive outcome for CIG's staff, and for Skipton, and this substantial boost to our profitability and financial strength will provide a real shot in the arm for our own future business ambitions."

CIG was established in 2000 and now has over 600 employees and annual turnover of around £50m. Last year it recorded profits of £5m.

John McAndrew, chief executive of CIG, said: "We are extremely grateful for the help and support of Skipton over the past nine years.

"We have a reputation for differentiating ourselves through innovation and delivering outstanding value and service. To do this, we have been investing in people, technology and new products. We now have plans to explore new markets and geographies and are very optimistic that this change of ownership will provide us with the impetus to achieve our goals."

He added: "We're delighted that Vitruvian Partners emerged as the buyer because they are committed to supporting our existing business strategy as well as our vision of growth through both organic development and acquisition."

David Nahama, a founding partner at Vitruvian, said: "We are delighted to be working with John and his team at this very exciting stage of their development.

"CIG sits right in our sweet spot as an entrepreneurial organisation, deploying smart technology and with a strong, customer-centric management team and great strategic opportunities ahead of it."

Skipton was advised by J.P. Morgan Cazenove and Addleshaw Goddard on the sale.

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Saw this on Ceefx earlier;

the CRA's should be run by Gov. agencies and not venture capitalists!

"CIG sits right in our sweet spot as an entrepreneurial organisation, deploying smart technology and with a strong, customer-centric management team and great strategic opportunities ahead of it."

---------

dont they talk garbage,

"it sits right in our sweet spot" good grief, next he'll be saying my ducks are all in a row, or the blue sky is thinking outside the box.

GET A LIFE

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Saw this on Ceefx earlier;

the CRA's should be run by Gov. agencies and not venture capitalists!

It wouldn't be long before your info got left on a train!!

On 2nd thoughts, good idea as they would soon **** them up like everything else they touch.

Don't know if you have been following 'Jonah' Brown on here:

Guy Fawkes' blog of parliamentary plots, rumours and conspiracy

David

---------

dont they talk garbage,

"it sits right in our sweet spot" good grief, next he'll be saying my ducks are all in a row, or the blue sky is thinking outside the box.

GET A LIFE

Going forward, you're really pushing the envelope with that post, PGH.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.