Royal Mail Delivering letters to wrong address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Every so often over the past couple of years Ive have been contacted by various companies about why I have not been responding to their letters sent to me. Obviously Ive been arguing till im blue in the face that I havent receieved any letters from the company. Sometimes I have incurred various charges and costs due to not responding to the letters. Only till today have I realised that post has been going to completely wrong address. The other address is same as mine, same door number, same street name, in the same town but different area and has a significantly noticable different post code. The only reason I have found out is that a family member through pure coincidence has moved into that address with the same door number & street. If that hadnt have happened I would have never known it was going to the worng place for over 3 years.

Just proves the total lack of care from the people we trust to deiliver all our personal daily business.

Heck - I had this for years too - and is a paid when someone in the primary sorting centre for inbound mails uses their local 'knowledge' than looking at the postcode.

The answer is to raise a formal complaint with your local delivery office to highlight the problem, only then will the issue be taken seriously.

Just proves the total lack of care from the people we trust to deiliver all our personal daily business.

Agreed, have the same problem as yours (elsewhere in this particular catergory) . When a letter is perfectly addressed, full name of recipient, correct address/house number etc, has the correct postcode and is written perfectly/easy to read etc....where the road is quite clearly marked and where the house is the same....then for me there is absolutely no excuse for any mail following the description just given to be wrongly delivered.....and yet it does and on an all too often basis, week in, week out, month in month out etc.

Sorry, it has nothing to do with 'cuts' or 'temps' but everything to do with poorly trained and grossly incompetent royal mail staff, no other reason than that.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Write to delivery office as Buzby says.

I regularly get post for Close when I live on Road. I've written to delivery office in the past and it does work for a while but then when new/casual postmen start it happens again and I have to tell them or put back in box with "Close not Road" on the envelope.

If it looks important I take it round but if it looks like junk mail I put back in box so postmen/delivery office get the message.

Write to delivery office as Buzby says.

I regularly get post for Close when I live on Road. I've written to delivery office in the past and it does work for a while but then when new/casual postmen start it happens again and I have to tell them or put back in box with "Close not Road" on the envelope.

If it looks important I take it round but if it looks like junk mail I put back in box so postmen/delivery office get the message.

That is is though isn't it, I've written to the local delivery office and then raised it to a sector operations manager in the main sorting office and who's actions make things happen but then the system fails as eventually everything reverts back to incorrectly delivered items and the whole process has to start again which is fundamentally wrong. I've had important documents sent to my address that should have been sent elsewhere items such as bank statements. tax reminders, submitted books, bank cards etc....and there is never a week that goes by where something goes astray or ends up on my mat that should be on someone elses.

That is is though isn't it, I've written to the local delivery office and then raised it to a sector operations manager in the main sorting office and who's actions make things happen but then then system eventually reverts back to incoorectly delivered item and the whole process has to start again which is fundamentally wrong.

True - It's been going on with my post for over 20 years! I just gave up in the end. Its not just me either, its about 6 addresses that get confused. Glad I don't live on the Close.

I've given up in as much as I no longer deliver to my neigbours any mail delivered to me that should have been delivered to the neighbours but instead write in big bold blue letters 'try delivering to the correct address' and pop it back into a postbox when passing and likewise I've asked my neighbours to do the same with mine (no matter how inconvienient it sometimes is)

• 4 months later...

I too often receive post for a different address. I live at 23 Chestnut Close, and theres a Chestnut Grove in the same town, but with a different post code obviously, yet we still get each others post :(

• 2 months later...

LOL this is quiet a common problem.

We have for the past 5 years been recieving other ppls mail including ours. The posties just seem to dump all the mail threw one box and expect you to do there job. I have numerous times complained and even photographed the postie but they dont care.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 2 years later...

Obviously "Royal Mail" is not toooooo interested in delivering a good service, so I propose that every person touched buy this take it in to their own hands. :|

Assuming that letters delivered to "your address" is private property, I suggest to scan each of these documents and make them public - in this blog (or elsewhere). I'm sure - once the 1st wrongly addressed letter of a seriously notorious person is made public (i.e. the local councils members Salary slip, Tax declaration or the likes) - "Royal" mail will make all necessary efforts to ensure correct delivery..

Good luck with Royal Mail "mis" services...

Why would you want to resurrect a thread that has not been posted on for 2 years ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D