Giveitblackmore

Lloyds TSB - biggest liars of all?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3626 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Now I have been in difficulty for around six months now and I have a fair number of creditors - I'm not proud of it - its unfortunately a state of affairs that was thrust upon me - and there is nothing easy about dealing with it as I'm sure you will all agree with but within all this you have to find some humour and I find it with Lloyds TSB - ish

Has anyone else noticed there ridiculous and deliberate time wasting or aggravating tactics?

I sent postal orders to everyone with my first CCA - only they came back to say they couldn't accept it because it wasn't made out to Lloyds TSB

They say they've sent things when they havent

They reply to letters claiming not to have received the info even though its been signed for and my favourite is the claim of putting a reply paid envelope in and it's nowhere to be found!

They also seem to have a huge number of different addresses. I never receive a letter from the same one twice or from the same person!

Anyone else have this experience?:eek:

It's typical of big banks where the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. I find the easiest way to get round it is to send everything to their complaints department and send anything important by Recorded Delivery, then they cannot ignore it. The people in their consumer care/ adviser centres just press buttons and send out templates to get it off their desks and they haven't a clue about consumer credit law.

The answer to your question is 'yes'.

Remember that this is the same company that paid off the US government to halt an investigation into breaches of UN Sanction Law in January. So, they're not just liars, they're international law-flouting liars.

cc alistair darling and gordo broon, they are major shareholders

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

I'm sensing conspiracy here:cool: Just out of interest and while were on the subject, If any of the credit card companies who obviously don't have true copies were to take me to court what are the chances that the judge would just turn round and accuse me of avoiding the debt? Would it be enough to turn round and say that I am quoting a point of law and is this at the judges discretion - Ive seen people quoting the judges lottery before. I guess worse comes to worse the judge would expect the CC company to accept the offer of payment I would put forward as part of an I&E?

Sorry bit rambling but I'm starting to get really tired of fighting off all these Ba***ards!!

It is not a true copy they need to take you to court - it's an enforceable agreement, one that has all the prescribed terms and your signature. A judge would not accuse you of trying to avoid a debt - he doesn't know your motivation and has no evidence you are trying to avoid a debt. You could categorically deny that. A judge would want to know why a creditor had not accepted a proposal to pay but don't send creditors an I&E - only a court has any right to ask for deatils of your income.

Don't get tired - you are only at the beginning. I've seen off 14 creditors and had over £50000 written off - it gets easier with experience and they begin to be nothing more than nuisance value that are easily swiped off. No one has ever taken me to court and I am in the process of taking action to get the last 3 defaults removed from my credit reports. CAG rocks!:D

Thank you Pinky you are very encouraging and not a little inspirational!! I'm determined it just gets a bit much sometimes!