Inertia Creeps

Defaults on credit file

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3619 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I'm new to this site and finding my way around, although there is so much information it's a bit overwhelming but I am wondering on whether anyone could help me.

I have a few defaults on my credit file due to getting into debt. These defaults are from 2005.

I know it takes 6 years for them to come off my credit file, but does this mean that after this time I would be able to apply for credit and be successful?

I'm still paying off a Barclayloan through Payplan but if I'm still paying it back 6 years after I defaulted, what is there to stop me paying it back after the original default has dropped off my file? Surely I must still be liable for paying back the debt?

Guest Old_andrew2018

The default will have dropped of years after 6 years, you might still be paying, if you stop then IMHO they will default you again.