ElectedRep

"Pay Back Shifts" and "Claw Backs"

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3629 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi.

One quick question. I was outsourced a year ago and the new company has failed dismally to cut the clients cost as it originally agreed to do. As such, the new employer has introduced a "Pay Back" shifts policy , to reduce overtime. This expenditure being given back to the client. Not a problem as such but the manager I have is notorious for loosing track of hours worked on a standard shift pattern , this new one will be interesting! ACAS state in their "Flexible Working and Work-Life Balance" booklet that:

"The company then monitors the hours

worked for each employee to identify

any ‘underspend’ or ‘overspend’.

The company may not call back all

the shifts it is owed – to the

advantage of the employee."

My question is , is this law or a guideline? If it is law, then where would I find it written officially?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers.

Guest Old_andrew2018

Send a PM to some of the HR/Employment experts