sharkfin

Filing a claim: Need Scottish address for Capital One Bank please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3658 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

I'm at the point of filing a claim against Capital One Bank for credit card charges, but I can't find a Glasgow address or even a Scottish one for them... Do they have any branches up here? If not, does that mean I won't be able to file a claim locally and I'll have to go through the English courts instead?

If anyone can help please let me know.

Cheers folks... :-)

I don't think you need a Scottish address.

The templates given on this site for filling in the court forms say something like "...the defendant has a branch at [fill in branch's local address] and therefore the claim falls under the jurisdiction of this court..."

Which surely implies that I DO need a local branch address...

Does anyone know for sure?

If you live in Scotland you would lodge to your nearest Sheriff Court. The fact that the company is English base is irrelevant.

Technically, you could challenge in either jurisdiction, but I would stick to the rules relating to domicile.

Okay. So what should I write at the bit on the form where you're supposed to fill in a local address for the bank you're claiming against? I don't want to alter the wording of the templates given here in case I get it wrong and mess the claim up!

don't think cap one has a scottish address.

you do not need a scottish address for them:

Unfair UK Bank Charges | legal help from Govan Law Centre, Glasgow, UK

The Defender has a branch in [PLACE].This pursuer is a consumer within the meaning of paragraph 3 to schedule 8 of the Civil Jurisdiction and Judgments Act 1982 as amended. The pursuer is domiciled within the Sheriffdom. This court accordingly has jurisdiction. The Pursuer claims £XXX.XX as the sum unlawfully debited.

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Ah, thanks a million Ida, that was exactly what I was looking for. :)