Rossendales bailiffs coming tomorrow to levy goods.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They legally can't get in as we haven't signed a walking possession agreement, they've never been in the house, we've never even spoke to them.

But it made me wonder how many times bailiffs have illegally forced entry into properties? Do they do this often? What are the repurcussions for a bailiff who does this? Even though the law is on my side for this it's still very worrying that you might get a particularly bad egg to deal with who breaks in, takes your things and then leaves you to deal with the mess and chasing it up?

JH if they have not gained peaceful entry to your premises then they cannot levy on anything.

The standard rules of engagement apply:

Keep all windows and doors locked

Ensure their is no garden furniture etc available for levy

If you have a vehicle ensure it is kept away from the premises.

Sign nothing

Don'tt fall for the usual can I:

a. use your toilet

b. phone the office

c. Have a glass of water

d. Discuss this matter in private

They are all ploys to gain entry

If you must speak to them at all, speak from an upstairs window or through the letterbox, if you have CCTV or a camcorder etc feel free to use this to obtain evidence of any wrongdoings, (for the record, you are allowed to record images whilst on your own property, despite what anyone says to the contrary. Also it is not illegal to have a large dog with an aggressive nature with strangers tied up near your back/front door.

If a bailiff forces entry without a levy in place then they are guilty of B&E, and as such are liable for criminal charges, not only that but the firm they represent and the creditor for whom they act also carry liability.