rippedoff15

Tennant & Loss House

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3623 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All,

we rented out our house to a couple for 6 months, which ended up 9 months and the lady did not pay and left, we took the lady to court for the rent arrears and cost to replace the carpets etc etc and the case has not been heard as yet, As we were unable to pay the mortgage on the house the lender has now taken it and charged the locks.

But should we still claim off the old tennant or just forget it and stop the court case, the lady in question was n arrears and costs to the sum of £2.5k

as we no longer have the house can the court refuse to here the case

not sure now what to do push for the funds which is outstanding or forget it

any feedback would be helpful

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Guest Old_andrew2018

You really need to seek legal advice, however IMHO you still have a case against your ex-tenant

Yes you definitely have a case. At the time the tenant departed the house was yours.

The case should not be of any concern to the mortgage lender.

What are your prospects of getting anything back from the ex-tenant?

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

What are your prospects of getting anything back from the ex-tenant?

This is the question and the first one a solicitor would ask. There is little point litigating against someone if a) their address is transient b)they have no stable income.

However right your claim is you need to asses the likelihood of coming out ahead in the end.