Vodaphone upgrade problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help?

After completing the 18 month agreement with vodaphone, I agreed to remain with them after they reduced my payments. It was agreed that everything would be the same but for £20 a month instead of £45 and I would still use my old phone not upgrade to a new one.

My first two statements were for £27 so I phoned them and they were charging me extra for unlimited internet. They said they would credit me £14 and sort it out. Next month statement was £29. Phoned again and they said they did not agree to inlude the internet as the deal. I said I did not want to stay with them then and asked to cancel the service. They are now saying they want £180 as I am ending my contract early. What contract??? I never agreed to what they are charging me. I have cancelled the DD and written letters to them but they are not budging.

Some advice on this would be helpfull please.

OK 1st your credit rating can suffer badly for not paying them! IMO keep paying them, but keep trying to get things sorted.

Follow the instruction on this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed/213340-vodafone-webteam-customers-problems.html

Lee_Vodafone has sorted quite a lot of peoples problems quite quickly!

Good luck, and all the best :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Your contract lock-in reapplied when the new tariff was agreed - you only got this discount due to agreeing to stay on and not accept an upgraded handset. Your issue now will be what was provided within the package, so any documentation they provided to sustain your view will be required to hilight their errir - however, invariably the customer assumes a service will be provided (when it will be extra) as everything is stripped back to make the discount seem larger, and this can include insurance too - sometimes overlooked by renewing customers.

Everything was all done over the phone so there is no documentation just verbal agreements. All I know is they agreed to keep the tariff and all extra's I had which i was previously paying £45, in return for staying with them for £20. No written contract just all over the phone. So surley with them charging me £32 I am not getting what was agreed? I could have got the same deal and a new phone for that much!

It remains a fact that anyone agreeing to a renewal of service over the phone will be disadvantaged should there be a dispute. The trouble with phone negotiationsi is that both people say what they mean, but this can be misheard, misunderstood or in rare cases, completely ignored.

You'll not be surprised to hear that in cases like these, it is the NETWORK'S interpretation that will prevail - UNLESS oyu can provide corroboration by way of an indepentent witness, recording/transcript of the call, or written back-up. Without this, it becaomes a case of an unsubstantiated claim that the network can safely ignore.

I always advise folk to avoid contract phones - they are more bother than they are worth, and you have to keep your wits about you at all times. Add a DD to this and it is a time-bomb waiting to explode. All you can reasonably do is to state your understanding, they will then investigate as best they can and agree/disagree with your interpretation of events.

Suggesting that your deal was somehow inferior to others on offer won;t help - as this could simply indicate a late realisation of a better deal and doing all in their power to sweeten the new deal - so as reasons go, it isn;t a compelling one.

Guest Espi_Vodafone

Hi mrkeen1980,

Firstly, I would like to apologise that you have not received the package that you were expecting from Vodafone. The other posters have given some great advice and I would like to offer my help aswell. I work for the Web Relations team within Vodafone and I am sure that we can resolve this issue for you and restore your faith in our network.

As I will need to access your account to resolve the situation, could you please contact us via this link - Vodafone Web Relations. (Please include the code WRT136 in the subject line and provide a link to this thread and your user name in the message body. This will ensure that the message comes through to our team directly.)

I'm positive that we can correct this for you and look forward to speaking to you soon. :-)

All the best,

Espi

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Just an update on my problem. Vodaphone, after emailing me with various different price plans I was supposed to be on, I think I have 6 emails all saying different amounts for my tariff, have finally got the correct price, although this does not include the internet bundle that was agreed but I can live without that, but there is a catch. For the last 3 months of the contract the price goes back up to the amount before I renewed. Apparently that is a Vodaphone policy and can not be changed.

So basicly what Vodaphone are saying is: If your at the end of an 18 month contract and you agree to stay for a further 12 months and do not upgrade your handset you can have a lower rate tariff but this does non include the last 3 months where it goes back up to the original amount. I have never heard of this before and have never experienced this with any other network and I have been with Orange and Tmobile and upgraded in the past.

Does anyone have any input they could share with me on this because it doesnt make sense to me?

Hi mrkeen1980,

Although I'm not in the office today I did see your post shortly before I left yesterday and I thought I'd quickly come back to the thread to reassure you that I've received your reply to my initial email and will come back to you on Monday to discuss things further with you.

In the meantime, if you're able to reply to my email again with a contact number on which I can reach you on I'm sure we can get things sorted out a little quicker.

Many thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK