Wrong `spelling` of my name by DCA

ChrisD36
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon to all..

Ok just a quick question, but over the last few months i have been receiving letters from different debt collectors who are chasing a credit card debt.

Anyway, on each letter they have mis-spelt my name so Im now known as Christophe. You can easily guess what letter is missing.

I know its a long shot but can I act numb and go along with the fact the no person under that name lives at my address? Its not my fault they cannot spell my name correctly in their corrospondence! :rolleyes:

They want me to contact them to pay off `said` debt. But I aint phoning them as I know from experience how difficult they can be to talk too.

I havent wrote back yet and the letters have been on and off for the best part of all of this year. Going from one dca to another then back to the original dca lol

I havent wrote back yet and the letters have been on and off for the best part of all of this year. Going from one dca to another then back to the original dca lol

That says it all then, you could just send their letters back in the post RTS Not known at this address. See if that has any effect.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

firstly the mispelt name is not a good enough reason to deny on

secondly if you do so they may well then take you to court and get a ccj

if you then try to argue that you were not notified of the hearing they will wave your letter at you and it will bite you on the bum

if the credit card debt IS at your address and it is no where near the 6 years for SB you would be better advised to write and get the cca