jimbo45

Extortion Case being prepared against Rossendales

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3626 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

I've got a Solicitor friend looking at an ongoing tiff I have with Rossendales.

True I owed some Council Tax - was around 530 GBP.

Rossendales Bill seems to have added another 120 GBP (before "Van charges" - but haven't got a breakdown of the Bill --will get that from the Council.

I applied for Council Tax benefit -- I'm a self employed contractor so money is irregular -- added to which I'm 64 (also tried Pension Credit -- refused) -- amazing I pay tax most of my life and when I NEED benefit it's refused whereas some of the stories I read about in the press --but that's another Issue.

Anyway Council REFUSED benefit but never sent a demand for the outstanding bill.

Next I get a typical "Threatogram" from Rossendales saying No further warning, £110 GBP if Van turns up" etc - the usual B/S.

So a) Council have NOT followed guidelines on letting me know what the arrears of Council tax was - but went straight for the bailiffs.

b) The Bailiff's have said they tried previous communications --TOTAL LIE as i've been in my house off work for over 3 months and have VIDEO EVIDENCE of who calls and who doesn't plus logs of phone calls received.

c) so in any case the 90 day BONO NULLO rule applies wherby the Bailiff MUST return the debt to the council. - Council have NOT sent a bill within the last 90 days.

d) The £110 "Van Fee" is totally ILLEGAL (and this is what I'm hoping to get them on)

e) I'm going to kick up Hull City Council's back with wanting (and publicising) why they employ people when they (the Council) KNOWINGLY know their "Subcontractors" in this case Rossendales are breaking the Law.

I am NOT trying to avoid council tax - I'm quite happy to make an arrangement - but I don't have a regular income as anybody who'se self employed can testify.

Don't you HATE all this Baliff stuff etc.

Some of us DO have problems from time to time -- but I feel the action of these DCA'S. Bailiff's, Courts etc etc is far far worse now than it ever was in the time of "That dreadful Lady" as others have called her and has now gone COMPLETELY OVER the top and as a normal person who has NEVER demonstrated in his life I've decided ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and I really am past caring now if I have to do jail time or not -- at least I'll get SKY TV and 3 meals a day.:(

I really am getting HEARTLY SICK of being kicked, pushed, shoved around by jobsworths etc -- if this was France and this happened I'd have half the Port of Calais blockaded by French pals.

Anyway I'm NOT paying these a--h-les 1 PENNY - and unless they come with the Police and a proper Court Order my friends (big ex Rugby League players) are perfectly prepared to "Repel Boarders" - These THUGS need a taste of their OWN medicine back and get back to the REAL PLANET.

If the Council refuse to accept back council tax that's THEIR and not MY problem as I am not REFUSING to pay the TAX just the bovine people who threaten innocent householders under the guise of "Bailiff Tax collection".

I thought we'd moved on a bit from Edward I's time but obviously we haven't.

Cheers from an extremely annoyed

jimbo

Edited by jimbo45

if this was France and this happened I'd have half the Port of Calais blockaded by French pals.

If this was France mate, your council tax would be around £200 for a nice pile in the countryside and you would get damn good service for your money:)

By the way, did you have a question?

Hi there

Hopefully pointing out to others that things like "Van charges" etc etc are totally ILLEGAL and should not be paid.

Also "Added Costs" apart from the statutory 24.50 GBP Ist attendenance and 18 GBP subsequent are not allowed for Council Tax collection.

So many people pay these without question --it's wrong --DON'T PAY THESE.

Also point out to the council that they shouldn't employ people who are breaking the law --there's enough info on Rossendales to ensure that no Council should EVER employ these "people" again.

If I get anywhere with the Extortion / Harassement stuff I'll post so others can do it too.

Cheers

jimbo

Good luck with your battle...Like you, jobsworths really wind me up!

unfortunately its not just Rossendales that charge fees they shouldn't

a lot of bailiff company's add the 1st&2nd visit fee to the debt as soon as its passed to them

I wish you well on your journey and will look forward to reading your updates

Hi there,

I too have had terrible problems with Rossendales and have filed a formal complaint with Cornwall Council. He tried to charge me £110 for a "van visit". He was also aggressive and threatened my partner, who was simply asking him to leave our property ... he said he'd "thwack him one if he didn't move!" Nice. The bailiff in question has had his certificate revoked but reapplied using a different spelling of both forename and surname in order to get a new certificate. This info was given to me by the CAB. He threatened to break into our house by getting a locksmith, complete nonsense of course but it is a very frightening situation to be in.

Good luck with your battle. I'll post when I have heard anything from the Council, it's been 3 weeks now and no correspondence received from them.

i to have had a ridiculous amount added to my account with the bailiffs but its a different company to you have tried asking if the are legit both the council and the bailiff say they are but how anyone can say that £225 for a van visit (when it was just a bailiff in his van nothing removed just left a letter with me then totally denied seeing me) can call this fair and legal is beyond me...