Debt Managers Ltd / Call Serve

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

All,

Firstly, apologies if this is starting a thread already available, if so it is unintentional and I'll happily re-direct as required.

So - A bit of background - A couple of years ago I got into trouble with my Barclays Bank account, eventually having to move banks, leaving the account approx £3k in arrears. For the first 6-12 months the debt was 'owned' by Credit Solutions Ltd, and I was keeping up a regular monthly payment.

However - I moved roles within my company, and had to relocate, during which time I stopped the payments and all contact with Credit Solutions.

Approx 6 months later a new DCA named 'Debt Managers Ltd' writes to my new address re the remaining arrears, demanding payment. Not being in a good position financially I have not actioned any of the various mails received to date. (Typical 'head in the sand' syndrome!)

Today I received a letter from 'Call Serve' for this debt, which reads as follows;

re: DEBT MANAGERS LTD - BARCLAYS BANK

Dear **

We have been instructed by our Clients to recover the above overdue debt.

We DEMAND that the sum stated be sent direct to this office IMMEDIATELY using the payment slip below.

Your failure to comply could result in a DEBT COLLECTOR calling upon you for payment or a COUNTY COURT JUDGEMENT being registered against you.

Yours sincerely

I am now really keen to sort this out, but do not know what to do first, so would welcome advice please?

Thanks in advance

Home Page

Something strangely familiar about these guys??

Anyhow, is the debt an overdraft? Or just in the red?

Have you received from Credit Solutions a notice of assignment? Or a letter stating that they have passed your details onto this new company, and did DM ltd tell you that they were now collecting on 'behalf' of or were now the 'Legal' owners of the account?

Never Ever ring a DCA. They will only grunt at you down the phone, wind you up, tell you all sorts of unimaginable nonsense to get you to sell a kidney to pay them. Unless of course you are able to record your phone calls :D.

Keep everything in writing, and anything you send them must be sent via recorded delivery, this is for your own protection and will allow you to have a paper trail of evidence. Plus the dislike not being able to threaten you down the phone:p

Print off this letter template and 'IF' any tom dick or dca turns up at your door, just hand it to them and shut the door. http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/590-letter-used-when-a-dca-threatens-a-doorstep-visit-.html

Give them the template letter linked below through the letterbox or chained door.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resour...ep-visit-.html

Tell them to leave as you have nothing to discuss and all communication must be in writing.

Tell them you will call the police if they don't leave immediately.

Remain calm and polite at all times.

Walk away from the door so the visitor cannot try and talk to you.

If they don't leave, call the police to report that you are being harassed and the visitor refuses to leave.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks all for replies thus far.

I'm not sure what happened re Credit Solutions - They were the DCA before I moved, but haven't heard from them since, and now its Debt Managers/Call Serve.

The debt is an overdraft.

Should I pro-actively send them a letter now (a 'prove it' letter as per PGH7447, thanks), or wait until someone shows up at the door and give them the letter as per Bazooka Boo?

I'm not too keen on someone showing up to be honest!

Thanks again in advance

They do not hold a license to trade off premises,. I would report them to trading standards on:

08454 040506

for saying they will send a debt collector to your home for payment.

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0507275

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration NumberDebt Managers Limited219618

Categories:

Credit reference agency Debt adjusting/counselling Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Parkgate Investigation Bureau

Issued Date: 05-Aug-2001

Expiry Date: 17-Nov-2012

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionCraig Alexander HunterOFFICERDorothy Ann LoweOFFICERMoira LoveOFFICERMr Hugh Martin LoveOFFICERPhilip John Roger ThorntonOFFICER

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionJohn Paul FreelOFFICER

Current Organisations that run the organisation:

NameCompany Registration NumberPositionDavidson Chalmers (Secretarial Services) Limited OFFICER

Historic Organisations that run the organisation:

NameCompany Registration NumberPositionRussel & Aitken OFFICER

Nature of Business:

Debt Collection

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddressPrincipal Place Of Business4, Jamaica Street, Edinburgh, EH3 6UPRegistered Office12, Hope Street, Edinburgh, EH2 4DB

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddressRegistered Office27, Rutland Square, Edinburgh, EH1 2BU

Yes send them the Prove it letter, and just print the one off I suggested and keep it by your front door.

And report them to the OFT for making false statements designed to exploit your lack of Knowledge.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!