what should i do next please help?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all,

i have had a letter from moorcroft stating that Lloyds don't have a CCA for a credit card I took out sometime ago. I have been requesting this CCA for about 18 months and the debt just keeps getting passed around. However Moorcroft are persisting to harrass me within daily phone calls and threatening letters. I have written to them with templates from this site but they are still threatening me.

Can I complain to the OFT or Financial Ombudsman? Whats more appropiate this time? Are there any final letters i can send moorcroft and to ask them to stop ringing me?

many thanks

Cap One refunded £112

MBNA refunded £567

Afraid it's part and parcel of the game as they say in football. Not having an enforcable agreement won't stop them chasing. Best solution is to completely ignore them like I did. Eventually they will get the message. Report them by all means but I don't really think it makes any different. They know and you know that money is owed even though they cannot go to court.

They are not supposed to pursue the debt or pass it on whilst it is in dispute and that can be reported to the OFT as it is a breach of their guidelines, particularly that you are being pursued for an alleged debt that has no agreement. Also, if you didn't recive a Notice of Assignment from the original creditor saying it was being assigned to Moorcroft you can tell Moorcroft you have haven't received one and will not be having any further communication with them. The OFT are issuuing new guidelines to banks and DCAs in January on pursuing alleged debts without an agreement. No point in going to the FOS - you cannot anyway without making an official complaint to the DCA and giving them 8 weeks to reply. The FOS take the view that you probably owe the money so the DCA has a legitimate right to pursue you for it. Now its a walk in treacle until they eventually go away. Send copies of your complaint to the OFT to the DCA's complaints department to let them know you have complained. The OFT don't deal with individual complaints but record it on the DCA's files and it comes up when they come to renew their consumer credit licence. Every report against them is another nail in the DCA's coffin.

Yes definitely report them to the OFT, and unfortunately you will have to go through each new DCA's complaints procedure, have you been sending them the 'Bemused' letters?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/574-letter-when-account-has-been-passed-on-whilst-agreement-request-is-in-dispute

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!