Surfer01

Weird way A & L handle account

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3512 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

In the past week we have had more than sufficient funds in our account and on Thursday it showed we still had more than sufficient to cover any payments. At midnight Thursday / Friday my spouse got paid her wages and during Friday and Saturday we drew various small amounts of cash with the account reflecting still well in credit.

On the Sunday all the transaction from the previous week moved around and it showed almost as if my spouse's wages had been paid in on Friday evening. The account now reflects that on the Thursday we went into unauthorised overdraft by about £183 and this increased over the next day, Friday, with Saturday showing we were back in credit. At no time had we actually gone into overdraft but on Sunday this was indicated. If I had known that they were going to play silly buggers with my account i woudl have taken a snapshot of it on Thursday!

How can any one be expected to manage their account if the provider cannot even get their act together? This also happenned last month when it showed that we had an unauthorised overdraft when we did not. When I pointed out the error of their ways, we got an apology and they refunded the £5 taken. Surely this is not right as it seems to be consistent with A & L. This is supposed to be my parachute account!

This happened to me once with a transfer I made from a savings account and then drew from the cashpoint a few hours later and they stuck a charge on (even though we all know you cannot withdraw cash you do not have).

It hasn't happened since though so I guess they pick and choose whose account they will re order to sting for charges as they please!

P.s if you had only cashpoint withdrawals going through on that day (eg no DD's standing orders, bacs payments or cheques) how could you have withdrawn cash from a cash machine when the account has no funds in it ? That is the question that bugged me when they did it to me - although they stung me for thirty odd!

Hi

I have been fighting with the A&L on my hubby's behalf, he was paid on a saturday and withdrew £10, when the account showed his salary had cleared the account, both on the internet and the ATM, He was then charged £5 a day for two days for going overdrawn and then they referenced and ruined his credit with a marker of late 2 on a CRA, [Equifax].

He closed the account immediately.

I contacted the A&L on his behalf in numerous letters, trying to resolve the matter, they have basically stated that their system's allow automatic decisions to be taken when using the Visa Debit Card. I asked where in the agreement does it state that A&L make automatic credit decisions with out alerting the customer and cheating customers with their infactual financial statements, and where does it state that they can reference this to a CRA. They even referenced his credit file with out his permission! According the the A&L they can ignore his complaints and repeatedly state that they have all these rights. There is about eleven letters in all stating this.

I contacted Equifax and they said yeah matter is in dispute A&L have agreed in dispute but this stays on the file.

Last week the final letter came from the A&L saying tough, we are right you are wrong, like it or leave, but he had [immediately] when they made the 2 marker reference on a CRA in JULY. Best thing is they wouldn't close the account and kept the account active for the whole time the complaint was running. So hubby has had an active account according to the CRA and A&L for the last four and a half months.

A&L are a law to themselves. He is considering legal action to remove the CRA marker and no so much the charges, but he will try to claim these back too.

Good luck getting your charges sorted.

On the previous occasion, I told them that I would ask the FOS to investigate what is basically their fault and got a refund 4 days later and a goodwill gesture of £30. We run very close to the line but to the best of our knowledge have never gone overdrawn, but with their antiquated software it is difficult to keep track of your actual balance as the Online banking system can show three different balances. Even drawing cash from an ATM sometimes not reflect on your account for 2 days! DDs are refelcted on your balance even though the DD will only be processed the following day, i.e. £500 in your account, 3 £100 DDs due the next day, your available balance shows £200 less if you have used your card for a few odd amounts, you panic because you think that you may not have sufficient funds to cover the DDs going out the next day as your balance shows £120, however it later transpires that you have had enough money, but it makes it difficult to manage your account.