Bubblehead09

Help for Work Suepension

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3629 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I got suspended from work (retail job- sales). I used a gift card where there was a balance of $7.00 which was accumulated in the gift card because of customer's return/modification of an order. My senior told me I can use that card for us and it's usual. I used to for purchase and after few days company suspended for that. Loss prevention manager told and the HR manger asked to write the letter in a plain paper what was happened. I have meeting scheduled with them in next few days. Incidentally, I submitted the resignation letter a week before that and working in the notice period. Now my question is what they can do, how far they go? the use of $7.00 gift card was totally unintentional, but how I can prove it. There is no prove that the senior associates told me to do so. Can they bring a police charge against me? What I need to do? Please help.

Have you spoken to the manager who gave you authority to use the card?

Can't they come forward and say what happened?

I would write a statement for the meeting, explaining what happened.

If you need help writing the statement, get someone to help. If you're having trouble finding someone, contact HR and request that they appoint someone to assist you.

They are required to do this if you would have difficulty writing a statement, for example if English is not your first language or you have problems with literacy.

If they refuse to do this, refer them to The 2009 ACAS Guide to Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures.

I doubt that they would make this a police matter.

And were they to do so, I think it's extremely unlikely the police would be interested.

How long do you have left of your notice period?