Bryan Carter 'CCJ' letter OH's debt

mark1arby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife recieved a letter from them back in June/ July time.

This was before we knew anything about the Consumer Forums.

The letter was about a debt my wife knows nothing about.

This was the first contact she can remember having from Mr Carter.

I sent a basic letter to them asking for all details they had about this debt, who the original creditor was etc.

In the meantime I have been using the Cag and DAG forums for advice on other matters.

My wife received another letter in the middle of November.

This is included in other threads as well. Here is that letter.

As I said wife knows nothing of this debt and as per usual for Bryan Carter, she has not received any thing in any form about a CCJ.

We just ignored it until today when this letter turned up.

Now we had decided we where going to CCA this agreement and ring the courts to see if there was such a judgement.

According to her credit file for November there isn`t one.

What would you advise in this situation?

Especially has the recent offer to pay £50 a month is also fictitious and the letter was the first we knew of offering a payment.

Thank You All in Advance. MARK

the link does not work

just wants you to open a flikr a/c

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/230361-confusing-letter-bryan-carter.html#post2619635

might be the same as yours

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Should be ok now. A bit rough, but readable.

Look forward to the advice I will find in the morning from all of you wonderful CAG Addicts. LOL. I can hear my bed calling me now. LOL.

Thank You All V Much.

Yes it is exactly the same! It is the second one that as put the S**T in the Fan. Is that still not accessable to any one but me?

no

but follow the advice in the other thread

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

BryanCarter.jpg

I have seen this letter posted around somewhere else. But I have not seen this one.

BryanCarter001.jpg[/img]

Can I have some advice please.

Cheers, MARK

Normal question is what CCJ?

Next is What offer to pay £50 a month?

What is Bryan trying on here then. And what should I be doing to nail his Ass to the wall?

Cheers, MARK

use the search in the blue bar for bryan carter.

thats 5 this last week

its actually a [problem] but do read up on it.

dx

and they

I've altered the title of this thread; whatever you may think of Carter as an individual (and many would no doubt agree), it's not wise to post potentially libellous statements.

As dx100uk says, this has been seen before - read the other threads, then report Carter's firm to the SRA.

and they

Thanks for the info people.

Has I say I`ve seen the first letter reported on CAG before but not the second one.

Does the Second with offer to pay £50 a month make any difference in how to attack this load of rubbish from Friend Carter?

:rolleyes: Am I a proper Cagger now I`ve been CAGBOTTED?:p:D:cool:

Thanks everyone for the advice.

This is the one I was wondering about, whether it changes the approach to the Carter situation?

I haven`t seen any threads with this one in it.

usual bull, donkey has arrived, leave you in good hands.

you have nowt to worry about;)

dx

and they

I would like to know why the Solicitors' Regulation Authority has not removed this person's practising certificate, when he is indulging in unlawful and deceitful (and what also may be fraudulent) behaviour, and, it seems, always has done. I think it may be time to get MPs involved and stir Mr Carter's cosy little world upAlso a few lines to Lord Neuberger (Master of the Rolls) may also help - Master of the Rolls is the person who authorises solicitors to practice - He may need to know what is happening.

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

So Carter is replying to a letter that you never sent.

I can only imagine it's a ruse to get you confused or angry and therefore eliciting a response. Carter has always claimed the reason he splits claims is to keep costs down (ie. keep it to small claims), but that is a disingenuous if not blatantly dishonest approach because he knows that splitting a claim is unlawful.

I'm also pretty sure that he has split a claim when the amount is still under the small claims limit of £5,000, so that argument holds no water (I shall now scour the forum for such threads - if anyone knows of any, please post a link). This is a critical link in debunking his justification for splitting claims.

He has been told by Caggers many times yet he continues with the practice. In fact, vjohn now has a recording of a Bryan Carter employee admitting to splitting claims knowingly, and claiming that it is a legitimate practice. Here's the link - you'll have to PM vjohn for a copy:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/233927-bryan-carter-solicitors-ccj-2.html

From Post 40.

As vjohn has an ongoing case with Carter, I shall assist him in pulling all stories like this together then, with each individual poster's permission, we hope to file a 'class' complaint to the OFT and the SRA. I see no value in involving Trading Standards as they will claim it's not their bag and they're feckin' useless anyway.

And yes, follow the advice mentioned on the other thread for now and await a response from Carter.

• Haha 1

I would like to know why the Solicitors' Regulation Authority has not removed this person's practising certificate, when he is indulging in unlawful and deceitful (and what also may be fraudulent) behaviour, and, it seems, always has done. I think it may be time to get MPs involved and stir Mr Carter's cosy little world upAlso a few lines to Lord Neuberger (Master of the Rolls) may also help - Master of the Rolls is the person who authorises solicitors to practice - He may need to know what is happening.

Well we will see what we can do about Mr Carter then!!!:-D

I will copy in my MP to everything.

Thank You ALL. Regards MARK8)

• 3 months later...

Yesterday 30th March, I found a letter just dropped through our letterbox.

It was in an envelope, but my wife's name was hand printed on the front, also but machine printed was ` BAILIFF BY HAND ` and the local County Court Stamp. Anybody staying with us could have picked this up?

If I`ve managed to work through the intricacies of PhotoSucket, then the actual letter should be reproduced below in all it`s glory. lol If not??? lol

I have tried the Self Help Route but can not find anything totally relevant.

So I am hoping for advice on how to deal with this.

Firstly, you will note that my wife has been given until 1st of April until the Bailiff returns, this is less than 3 days. This letter is the first she has heard anything of this.

We presume there should be a CCJ to do with the matter, there is nothing registered with Experian.

The fees of £80 being charged on arrival of their van are highlighted in Yellow, and seem very excessive? The Bailiff has also highlighted the £50 for every hour, as he has further highlighted other parts of the letter, such as All the parts beginning `You pay for` etc. and the part `TO STOP THE VAN FROM CALLING`. This seems to be aimed at frightening my wife into paying, and is quite Oppressive to read?

This is for an amount of less than £55.00 I am confused, is it Nationwide who have actioned the Bailiffs visit or the Court? As I say, we are not aware of any such debt, have never heard anything about this supposed debt, until now.

It appears this Bailliff must work for the Court. He dosen`t seem to be Registered and has you can see there is no mention of a company on the letter.

How do we deal with this one? Advice gratefully received. Thank You.

?action=view&current=Bailiff.jpg

Cheers, MARK:confused: Sorry folks, I knew that would happen!!! lol Will try to sort it now!!! lol

Edited by mark1arby
I`m thick

phone the court and check

dx

and they

have you phoned the court if not phone them give them the warrant number and the case number they should be able to help you

when you find out post back

IT sounds like a ccj to me but I'm no expert if it is a ccj ask them what address is on it

Cheers folks. Much appreciated!!! I will phone the court and check if it`s a CCJ and also what the Bailiff`s position is.

He could be a Civil Servant, is that correct? Then why would someone who works for the Court be enforcing a supposed debt to a Bank?

Can a Bailiff work privately as well?

I know we don`t have long to come up with the info from the Court, but unfortunately we`ve got to go out for a couple of hours now! Will be in touch ASAP!

Thanks for the super fast responses!!!:D

Cheers, MARK

oh

could this be a made up demand

this could get interesting.

i agree very strange

looks like its been to court - CCJ

you've not paid

gone back to court

been assigned to bailiff

however, it also looks like its a generic form that the bailiff fills in himself

false court stamp too?

he's hoping its nail the bailiff day for falsifying paperwork, wouldn't that be good.......

dx

and they

DX100, you have had previous input on the thread that is hopefully linked below, with the 2 letters I#she had last year from The Man Himself, Mr Bryan Carter!!!:mad:

He is up to his tricks!!! The Wife had the brain wave it could be to do with him??? She has tried the local court they have said to check with Northampton Bulk Centre.

Unfortunately I haven`t been for my Hospital appointment yet so this is V rushed. I hope the link and letters help a little toward the advice to be given, and they don`t totally confuse everyone!!! LOL

I will be back soon. Then I will hopefully have info and answers. In the meantime, how do we stop the Bailiff from calling on the 1st?

The amount the Bailiff wants is for £52.25! A totally different sum from what Carter is after in his letters. Part payment? If we make the payment to the Bailiff of that amount will that open the door for Carter to come again?

Hopefully, and as far as we aware there is no CCJ in connection with this. Will let you know when We get back soon. Thanks for your patience everyone!!!;)

Cheers, MARK

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/236595-bryan-carter-letters-advice.html#post2623726

4156197643_692998fa84_s.jpg

4156197643_692998fa84_s.jpg