jimbo45

Possible change in Bailiff's powers -- VOTE in the General Election when it comes

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3627 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

Thank god an election is coming up -- I don't want to get too involved in Politics here apart from cases where the issue IS 100% relevant to these Forums.

A proposal is still in place to allow Bailiff's to forceably enter your home for "Civil debt" cases -- i.e those where they have no powers currently and also to give them increased powers under the Law. This was due to be reviewed and probably passed early in 2010.

(Scotland has its own Legislation - but Scots MP's can still foist this on us English residents -- that's another Issue however for another Forum).

Judging by the misuse, bullying tactics and downright lies etc that Bailiff's seem to use NOW this has got to be resisted at all costs.

The timing of a General Election has fortunately scuppered this for the moment.

I can't tell people what to vote in the next election - but just remember before casting your Ballot that it is "The People's Party" that has got this legislation waiting in the wings - the same Party that gave us "Charging Orders" which mean that in practice there is no such thing as an "Unsecured Debt" anymore whilst throwing trillions of pounds at proflagate Banks that probably helped get a lot of people into debt in the first place by totally mis-selling their wares.

Nearer the time Quiz your candidates on this issue and vote accordingly.

Please don't turn this into a General Political thread -- just be aware that changes in legislation are pending wherby the small protection we have now from Bailiff's can disappear if we let it pass.

Cheers

jimbo

Edited by jimbo45