resignation but no reply

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I resigned from my job 4 weeks ago and have had no reply or recognition of this from my old employer should they have responded acknowledging the resignation. the resignation was hand delivered so they definately got it.

thanks

Did you give notice of your resignation?

Did you have a statement of T&C's, that required you to give a certain amount of notice?

How has resigning been to your detriment? Are you owed money?

Edited by elpulpo

resigned as per my handbook requirement which was four weeks basically due to medical grounds I cant return to my previous job so rather than keep them waiting i resigned but they never replied or acknowledged it surely they should have to atleast recognise I am leaving. will be owed some money yes for holiday pay not tken before injury.

Write to them again. Send the letter by recorded delivery.

Or you could just call/email them first.

Ask that they acknowledge your original letter and request payment of all monies due and your P45.

Sorry to hear that you've had to resign due to ill health.

Hi thanks for advice ,finally got a reply they said they sent it 3 weeks after my resignation which i definately didnt receive all letters between us have always been recorded except this one funny i know !! they also claim that i am only entitled to 13 days holidays form feb09 to november 09 but "however the training you have received for (the company) offsets against your holiday entitlement. what are they saying????

Also I offered to return my workwear and collect my tools etc in my resignation lettr but they say i cant get them only when they say , i asked for appointment after 4 and every time they say it must be 10 a.m this has happend twice now and they say its my final opportunity to return or they will instruct solicitors to recover costs of my workwear!! stupid thing is its all in the company vehicle at their premises!!!!! can they withold my personal items ?

Anything in your T&C's saying they can deduct training days/costs against your holiday pay?

If not, it's an unlawful deduction from your wages.

Write back stating that you have repeatedly offered to return workclothes / pick up your possessions. Is there any reason you can think of why it's not convenient to them for you to attend after 4?

Ask them to contact you so you can sort this out.

Personally, I think it's nothing short of theft when employers grab your worktools (I've been there twice). But the police don't seem to agree unfortunately.

It's certainly unlawful though. I'd state in the letter that unless they make every effort to assist you in recovering your possessions, you will complain to the police, and take every legal avenue neccessary to recover your possessions.

yes injury was at work had to put a claim in as i lost 4 months wages which is why they are being like this.

contract says about course fees but nothing about time i even took one course in the evening and didnt get paid! thanks for your help