Help - MBNA Visa Taking Enforcement Action

Pushonup
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Hi again,

It's been a while but I now have a company called H L Legal (Solicitors) threatening further action on behalf of Experto Credite ( Varde Investments (Ireland) Ltd' agent)

I realise that I missed the boat in writing to and involving the Financial Ombudsman - does that make any real difference to my claim that MBNA have not followed correct procedures.

I am planning to write to H L Legal to refute Experto's right to collect on behalf of Varde due to the incorrectly served DN and passing the debt off.

Any help or comments will be gratefully appreciated.

Which or what letter would I be best using?

Two letters below for clarity of HL: -

http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad156/Pushonup/MBNA%20Visa/MBNAVisaHLLegalThreat128032011.jpg"]a>

and more recently: -

MBNAVisaHLLegalThreat215042011.jpg

This may be useful to others experiencing this pressure.

Yours

Pushy

• 7 months later...

Hi Everyone,

Just to quickly update this thread: -

In the end as we have a number of credit cards we decided to stop paying them all (including my other half's) and put all through a Debt Management Plan. Saved me loads of time and angst as they now handle all correspondence for all our debts leaving me free to concentrate on earning money to pay it all off sometime in the future.

I wish all on here successful claiming, as I'm sure there are ways forward for all depending on individual circumstances.

Best Wishes and thanks for all your comments, help and replies.

I learnt loads and can now also help other people in similar circumstances whenever possible.

Yours

Pushy

Hi Everyone,

In the end as we have a number of credit cards we decided to stop paying them all (including my other half's) and put all through a Debt Management Plan. Saved me loads of time and angst as they now handle all correspondence for all our debts leaving me free to concentrate on earning money to pay it all off sometime in the future.

I wish all on here successful claiming, as I'm sure there are ways forward for all depending on individual circumstances.

I learnt loads and can now also help other people in similar circumstances whenever possible.

Yours

Pushy

Glad you are sorted Pushy. To people thinking of setting up a DMP. please be aware that you will still receive written correspondence from your creditors. Whilst you should forward it onto your plan manager, it doens't mean you wil have a completely stress free life! Also you have to redo your I&E every 6 months with your plan manager. And finally whilst they will negotiate 0% interest there is no guarantee that your creditors will agree to this; so it can be disheartening initially to see your debts not decreasing or worse still increasing (Halifax are the worst for this IMHO). After 6 months to 2 years your creditors will sell your debts off. When this happens things actually do become easier as the purchaser 'buys' your arrangement to pay plan and you can then start to see the wood for the trees. It is actually easier to deal with DCAs than the original lender in some cases. Also note you can claim back mis sold ppi and charges even whilst in a payment plan. If you have the time/not too many creditors then it is perfectly feasible to manage the plan yourself. Just be meticulous with your filing and correspondence as you will need to resubmit your proposal every 5 months or so in line with their 6 month 'review'. And finally, after you ahve been with a paid management plan (if you do this) renegotiate the amount you pay your plan managers so you can increase the amount paid to your creditors!

Hi Everyone,

Yours

Pushy

Did you actually include the MBNA card where you got the Lowells letter clearly stating your account was closed due to no CCA in your DMP?

I'm interested as I've also got an MBNA card with no CCA but as far as I know it's never been sold! Last communication was a year ago...