chrisd09

Natwest Won't Remove Default

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3630 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Everyone,

Hopefully someone can help me.

I've just recently sent a letter to Natwest regarding a default I have registered against me and also about a loan I have with them.

I asked them to send a signed contract for the loan and also send me the letter for when they registered the default against me.

They basically replied with the following :

----

When responding to requests made under section 77 the bank may provide you with a true copy of your agreement in accordance with regulation 3(1) of the consumer credit (cancellation notices and copies of documents) regulations 1983. This means that under section 77 there is no obligation for the bank to provide you with a copy of the original agreement bearing your signature. A true copy does not need to contain any personal information relating to you as the debtor nor does it need to include a signature box, any signatures or dates of signature.

Regarding the default...

We are unable to reproduce this document as it is a system generated letter; therefore, we are unable to supply a copy of the original default notice as requested.

Please note there is no deed of assignment, as the bank did not assign your debt to another party.

---

Can anyone advise as to if this is correct.

I asked them about the PPI that was sold to me as well but they didn't mention this at all and all they sent me was a letter containing the above, an unsigned contract, some terms and conditions and what i've paid when for the loan.

There is an amount outstanding which I will pay in full but only if I can get the default removed.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Hi,

They are correct but see the bits in red

Hi Everyone,

Hopefully someone can help me.

I've just recently sent a letter to Natwest regarding a default I have registered against me and also about a loan I have with them.

I asked them to send a signed contract for the loan and also send me the letter for when they registered the default against me.

They basically replied with the following :

----

When responding to requests made under section 77 the bank may provide you with a true copy of your agreement in accordance with regulation 3(1) of the consumer credit (cancellation notices and copies of documents) regulations 1983. This means that under section 77 there is no obligation for the bank to provide you with a copy of the original agreement bearing your signature. A true copy does not need to contain any personal information relating to you as the debtor nor does it need to include a signature box, any signatures or dates of signature.

They can get away with this but my argument is, for them to send a "true copy" they must have sight of your original so why not send that?

Regarding the default...

We are unable to reproduce this document as it is a system generated letter; therefore, we are unable to supply a copy of the original default notice as requested.

This is true. All that will show on their screenshots is that a default letter was issued but you will need to SAR them to view this.

Please note there is no deed of assignment, as the bank did not assign your debt to another party.

Obviously this is still being handled in-house

---

Can anyone advise as to if this is correct.

I asked them about the PPI that was sold to me as well but they didn't mention this at all and all they sent me was a letter containing the above, an unsigned contract, some terms and conditions and what i've paid when for the loan.

There is an amount outstanding which I will pay in full but only if I can get the default removed.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

If you know how much they have charged in PPI them you could do a letter reclaiming it (assuming it was mis-sold)

I still think a SAR is the way to go as this will get back the statements and screenshots showing the history of your account.

Getting the default removed will be nigh on impossible as they just love having this power over you. If the default is made up of charges then that is cause for complaint.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

I did the SAR a few months ago and even then they couldn't provide a signed copy of the contract or a copy of the default letter.

I want to buy a house and this default is causing a few problems but to be honest the default will be removed next year anyway because it will have been on for 6 years and will be taken off automatically.

I can wait until then if needed but i'd like to get it taken off asap.

They never mentioned anything about the PPI in the letter even though I questioned them about selling it to me so maybe another letter is needed. I'd like to get the PPI back, the default taken off and then i'll pay the debt in full and walk away from it.

If they aren't willing to take the above off I might as well just keep paying it monthly.

It's annoying dealing with them because they seem to take the maximum amount of time to respond to me and then the letters never have anything relevant in them so I have to contact them again.

I've also questioned them about all the overdraft charges etc but they've not responded to that either.

Chris