Currys Refund being refused

Bottle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am not quite sure of my rights. I have, over the past 4 months, purchased and had faults with 3 Mac book pros. From Curry's/Dixons. the first two I have returned within 28 days and had, initially a refund from dixons then I purchased another mac book from Currys thinking it was just bad luck. Since, the second mac book had the same fault , which i had replaced, then the third, which currys are refusing to refund.

Currys are refusing a refund becuase i have had the product just under two months. The actual fault developed after about 5 weeks.

I have no confidence in the product and really woudl likre a refund. Especially as i have purchased a new (not mac book) laptop, as i use it for my job as a software developer.

I guess my question is, can I demand a refund based on consumer law or am I stuck with a product I do not feel i can use as i have no confidence in it.

Currys have told me there is nothing they can do apart from repair the product, as this is their policy.

Any help would be appreciated.

we bought a lap top from currys it has a faulty charger, Currys refuse to exchange it telling us to get in touch with dell when we explained our deal was with currys not dell the manager asked us to leave the shop we were furious, but on the way out told all potential customers in the shop currys after sales service was none existant, where do we take this next?

Hi

I am not quite sure of my rights. I have, over the past 4 months, purchased and had faults with 3 Mac book pros. From Curry's/Dixons. the first two I have returned within 28 days and had, initially a refund from dixons then I purchased another mac book from Currys thinking it was just bad luck. Since, the second mac book had the same fault , which i had replaced, then the third, which currys are refusing to refund.

Currys are refusing a refund becuase i have had the product just under two months. The actual fault developed after about 5 weeks.

I have no confidence in the product and really woudl likre a refund. Especially as i have purchased a new (not mac book) laptop, as i use it for my job as a software developer.

I guess my question is, can I demand a refund based on consumer law or am I stuck with a product I do not feel i can use as i have no confidence in it.

Currys have told me there is nothing they can do apart from repair the product, as this is their policy.

Any help would be appreciated.

sadly that is correct

however, if you can identify that 'fault' is one recognised by the manu, then you are intitled to a refund under unfit for purpose SOGA.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

we bought a lap top from currys it has a faulty charger, Currys refuse to exchange it telling us to get in touch with dell when we explained our deal was with currys not dell the manager asked us to leave the shop we were furious, but on the way out told all potential customers in the shop currys after sales service was none existant, where do we take this next?

you need to start your ownthread

and p'haps here:

Currys/Dixons - The Consumer Forums

in the retailers forum of your co.s naME.

how old is this charger?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok, I'm an employee for the company, so I do see this alot. While your contract is with currys the company relies on the various different suppliers to provide us with details of what to do with their products in the event of a return. Most supplyers tell us to test the product then return it to 7800: Central Returns, or tell us to ring our own call center to arrange for repair/uplift and replacement etc.

In the case of dell (and to a lesser extent samsung's smaller products) they give specific instructions that the store or customer must ring to arrange a repair/replacement with them. They give a seperate number for both the store and customer lines. The customer line staff won't speak to stores and the store line staff won't speak to customers. Now the problem is, the store line is poorly staffed, I was waiting for almost two hours the other day to get through to the store line. The customer line takes about 15 minutes, but won't speak to store employees.

Hence why they requested you ring dell yourself. Unfortunately the store is stuck between two legal obligations, the customers sale of goods act rights, and the manufactorers right to attempt repair in a way he sees fit. Believe me, I've raised this with head office and dell, alongside several other stores, it seems dell are just being bloody awkward.

As far as you being removed from the store, none of us could really comment on that without actualy seeing what happened first hand.

sadly that is correct

however, if you can identify that 'fault' is one recognised by the manu, then you are intitled to a refund under unfit for purpose SOGA.

dx

I was of the understanding that if a product fails within 6 months you can claim a refund full stop?

The thinking behind it being that the fault must have been there when the customer first bought it.

Have a look here:

Returning Faulty Goods | Consumer Information

Edited by mills1

no you must give them resonable time to effect a repair, then if they cannot, a refund can be considered.

dx

and they