BankFodder BankFodder

Nivagey

MKDP Claimform - Barclaycard **Claim Discontinued**

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 861 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Andyorch,

Wow thanks for that info I understand now,

have you any idea why Moorcroft didnt issue a claim?

That is what I dont understand or is it just a game to see who breaks first and they know realisticly they wont win but by pushing for court such as MK have to try and beat me in to submission with the use of the court threat as a very strong scare tactic?

As up to this point they still have to cough up more money to proceed further?

Cheers again for your advise much appreciated :)

I don't ever recall seeing or dealing with a Moorcroft claim here on CAG.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I dont think Moorcroft actually purchase debts do they?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

According to their blurb on their Website they do CB and litigate....yet to see it though.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

According to their blurb on their Website they do CB and litigate....yet to see it though.

Andy

:| That is a little worrying when you see how incompetent they are just collecting on behalf of 3rd parties :lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi,

Thanks CitizenB thats a bit clearer now :-) Hi Vincedomingo, seems like im catching you up now then, mine is Stayed after the 28 days due to my defence. So im guessing im waiting on the "struck out" letter now...The court said about the period they can apply to the Judge etc 4-6 weeks so I have to sit it out a bit longer.

So yours seems done and dusted by the sounds of it apart from MK hanging on by the thier teeth.. Once you get the court clarification thats it then? :whoo:Thanks for getting the info on the MCOL status updates I kept checking every day, so I will not bother now for a while!

Will keep following your progress.... Thanks again helps a lot :)

Regards

Nivagey

Well no post as yet from MK or the Court still got Monday to go before xmas so watch this space.

Vincedomingo I got your thread update, it seems alough its been struck out etc MK still can re-open the case and untill your 6 years has passed you/we still wont be free from the threat? I dont understand why they get all these 7 days to appeal when it simply means Jack when they can re-open at any time now or within the 6 year periond?

Or am I missing somthing here?

Regards Nivagey

Nivagey, if the claim remains stayed for a long while - you can ask for it to be struck out - you would have to make an application for this.

Otherwise, you can wait for the opposition to maybe sometime/never. They too would have to make an application to unstay it and the longer it takes, the more likely they will have to explain to the Judge why they have left it so long.

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Hi CB,

How long would I have to wait to apply for it to be struck out then mate? its passed 17 days since it was stayed now, and how do apply, is it through MCOL or will i need to send a template letter with the Claims case ref number to the Court?

Vincedomingo,

That sounds promissing to me mate, fingers crossed for you! As from today I have not heard a peep from the courts of MK (not surprising so soon after xmas) but I did expect something from MK xmas eve to keep me going... as yet nowt :)

All the best and thanks to everyone who has hepled the past few years Happy New Year to you all! :)

Edited by Nivagey
missed out a question

Hi guys...Still nothing from MKDP and their court claim :) Question?

I have just been looking through all my paperwork and found that I had taken been sold Masterloan Protection Plan for disability Unemployment and Life Benefit back in 1998.. As this was a masterloan can I still claim back PPI? looking on my statements I was paying £5.54 pm? Thanks

yes you can reclaim.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

But is it worthwhile and if you did it may just jog them into proceeding against you.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy , yes your dead right mate will leave well alone :)

Cheers :)

Hi just had a statement drop on the doormat from MKDP Statement in relation to the below agreement which is governed by the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Its from May 1st 2014 to 30 April 2015 Is this just routine of are they planning going back to court?

Thanks

Hi Nivagey,

Sounds like they've sent you an annual statement.

Routine, most likely, and not indicative of resurrecting the court action.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

under FCA rules

if they wish to charge interest at any point or penalty charges

they must send a statement better than once every 12mts

Thanks for that Slick132, lets hope so :) Its been nearly 2.5 years since they made a court claim, its been stayed ever since.

DX100UK do you think its likely that they are going to pursue it after this time, strange this is the first statement they have ever sent?

Prob just the first 12mth period since the new rules

PC generated I bet??sit tight

Dx

They have probably lost a claim where they haven't been complying with the regulations where they are legally obliged to send statements regularly.

They are also supposed to send something called "Notice of Sums in Arrears".

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Thanks dx100uk and CitizenB. As you say I will sit tight, and see how they play it.

Cheers :)

Hello,

Had a letter from MKDP yesterday stating they have now discontinued the claim with the court,

and also a copy of their letter to the court Notice of Discontinuance.

However in their final paragraph they state

" This means that for the time being there will be no further Court Action.

Please be advised that this this does not mean that you are no longer liable for this debt"

It has been nearly 3.5 years since they filled a claim with the courts,

and it will 6 years in about 5 months time since B/C filled a default notice.

Can MKDP now sell it on again for someone else to have a go with the courts?

Thanks

Well done Nivagey

Thread title amended to reflect the outcome.

Yes they can assign the debt..and yes you can still be chased for it....just the run the clock down on it now as you say 5 months and it will be statute barred.

Regards

Andy

Thanks Andy,

Just looked at some paperwork, actual default notice served Feb 2010 and no payments made on the account by myself. So 6 years will be up in Feb 2016, can I request my Credit score to reflect that after 6 years?

Thanks again

Drops off your file anyway after 6 years Nivagey ..just let it run its course and enjoy your Christmas :wink:

I've had the same letter too Nivagey.

They may be hoping that these letters are responded to so that the SB period re-starts!