BankFodder BankFodder

Nivagey

MKDP Claimform - Barclaycard **Claim Discontinued**

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 855 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387368-Statute-Barred-Letter-**Update-28th-October-2015**

would nt bother wasting money on recorded

1st class with free proof of posting at the counter

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

Cheers DX going to the post office right now :)

Again very much appreciated.

nivagey

..however I have noticed on my home number between 8-9 they call.

I let it ring and check the number...

are you with bt. bt now have an inherent call block/minder service. if so can silence/block their numbers for now in the meantime. check bt website.

the nhs do often use withheld number, and might not leave a message. but i don't think RW withhold their numbers (they might use different numbers), they used to call me yonks ago but their number was always silent blocked straight to ansaphone. of course they never left a message :)

IMO

:-):rant:

Hi Ford,

No mate unfortunately I'm with Virgin.

I have had the Hospital ring my mobile and yes your correct private/withheld.

I have RW on my list and can ignore those.

I had a missed call by them at 08.27 this morning on my home number,

I did the letter DX suggested and it was received/signed for at 07.28 (recorded wasn't much more than 1st class)

I just wanted a name to hit back at if they say they never received it.

Maybe that might stop them,

but im looking at phone set that I can block numbers on just incase :).

Thank for the BT heads up though much appreciated.

Best regards

or go get a truecall box

but im looking at phone set that I can block numbers on just incase :).

Best regards

some of the newer bt phones have a 'truecall' built in them (that works whether on bt or not). will need caller id.

see what happens after your letter, maybe they'll stop calling!

IMO

:-):rant:

Hi, Good news and not so good and really bad.

Well the telephone calls have stopped after sending the letter,

however on return from holiday today I received a letter from RW acknowledging the Statute barred letter and responding with,

"our client has confirmed the the last payment received for this account was £1.00 on (date) The account is therefore not statute barred".

Please complete the enclosed financial statement and return with my affordable proposal etc etc etc.

Now I have a letter I sent recorded to MKDP who previously owned said debt it was dated the same day as RW say the last payment was made of £1.00.

Now this letter to MKDP was a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consu,er Act 1974 for the True copy of the credit agreement.

The postal order was for £1.00 and my letter clearly states it is the statutory fee and noted that the funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

I have a recorded signature from MKDP from the post office stating time day and who signed for the request.

Obviously RW are now trying to pull a fast one Is this legal?

And the really bad is that I am diagnosed with Bowl Cancer :(

Thanks

aw chin up most are beatable now a day..

ignore that letter

they'd be pretty stupid to goto court as its a CCA payment

just don't ignore a claimform should they be stupid enough to file one!!

Ok will do DX thanks again. Just found the reply from MKDP they actually wrote the Postal Order ref number on the photo copy they sent back in 2012 so no getting away with that :0

Well my Dr didnt paint a pretty picture regarding the area, :( it is looking like a permanent Stoma bag and b*m hole sewn up :( Will give the chemo a good go first. Fingers crossed eh :)

Hi Nivagey,

My best wishes to you about the cancer. As DX said above, there are so many options in dealing with cancer now that barely existed a few years back.

Re the letter about the £1 payment they're saying was a payment towards the debt, I suggest you have 2 choices :-

1. Simply ignore the letter from RW suggesting you made a payment on xxdate, safe in the knowledge the debt IS SB'd.

2. Write a letter to RW saying the pay't they refer to on xxdate was clearly made for a CCA request and you have evidence of this. Accordingly, if they bother you again, you will make formal complaints about their outrageous behaviour.

Personally, I'd go for option 2 in the hope it'll get them to stop bothering you when you really need to focus on more important matters.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick,

Thank you very much for the best wishes very kind of you :)

I see my Oncologist on 3 Oct to get a treatment plan started.

I think your advice on the second choice is very valid.

I have scanned all my evidence and will send them a letter proving either they are just incompetent or just down right devious.

Im thinking about reporting them and I have a very good journalist friend who wants to pounce on it in one of the big tabloids.

As you say I cant be being bothered with them now,

if they carry on they will be hit with large guns from both sides im sure they value their licence so may heed my warnings.

And thanks again for all your support much appreciated!

if you want help with info for the journo just ask

id really like to see the DCA's exposed

as 76% of the money they fleece out of people isn't even owed.

and if everyone simply stopped paying DCA's tomorrow

the WHOLE industry would collapse.

but SO many people believe they have some sort of magic powers

they have NONE WHATSOVER

they ARE NOT BAILIFFS.

dx

Hi Nivagey,

I would not send them any evidence - just tell them you have it.

See how they react ..............

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks DX again much appreciated

I will see how they respond to my letter,

if threatening to report them to the relevant authorities and my local MP and National newspaper wont deter their underhanded activities well I dont know what will but got to be worth a try.

Thanks Slick,

to be honest im guessing that they will already have it (or should) as it was received by the Courts and everything should have gone to them when they took over from MKDP im guessing.

The mere fact they had the exact date and amount paid would suggest they are blagging it and jolly well know they are in the wrong.

I gave them till this Friday to close the account or I will let battle commence :)

Hi just a question regarding some advice I have just been given.

I have just been told

"You are right that the payment of £1.00 should not be allocated as payment towards the debt if you specified that it was for a fee for a CCA request.

The problem here lies in the fact that the request for information itself would usually acknowledge any debt

- so unfortunately that would usually stop, then start the time running"

"Of course the final decision about whether the letter does, or dosn't acknowledge the debt could only be made by the courts themselves"

I won't reveal the source but its quite a shock to me I hope its incorrect?

Not acknowledgment of an alledged debt = a regulated requirement to produce on a request and payment of a £1.00 fee = proof:-

who told you this, hope not one of the sites which land people in court at early stage?????

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Hi Old Cogger,

It was Nat*%$£" D*&^%$e" if you can decipher that? What you say is what I believe as this is what many have said, but its a bit unnerving to hear what I was told today from a so say reputable source :(

CCA request does not ack the debt

its a legal right

Thanks DX,

Hope you guys didn't mind me sharing that with you, its frightening to be given that advice from a big debt help line, thought I would ask them a question BIG MISTAKE!. Knowledge is power someone told me on here (cant remember to credit it to though) If it helps someone else that's great :)

Ok will do DX thanks again. Just found the reply from MKDP they actually wrote the Postal Order ref number on the photo copy they sent back in 2012 so no getting away with that :0

Well my Dr didnt paint a pretty picture regarding the area, :( it is looking like a permanent Stoma bag and b*m hole sewn up :( Will give the chemo a good go first. Fingers crossed eh :)

Having a stoma isnt too bad, I know, its a pain in the arse at times...yes pun intended, but you can and do get used to it :)

Thanks DX,

Hope you guys didn't mind me sharing that with you, its frightening to be given that advice from a big debt help line, thought I would ask them a question BIG MISTAKE!. Knowledge is power someone told me on here (cant remember to credit it to though) If it helps someone else that's great :)

Twas me .....:wink:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Sparks,

Thanks for the encouragement mate, still a bit of a shock guess Im finding it very hard to come to terms with at the moment :(

Oh Yes Andyorch I remember now :) All credit to you :) :) :)

RW recieved my letter this morning at 07:32 Will keep you posted :)

Finally at last the war has been won! Received a letter today rather grovelling from RW regarding my complaint.

They have apologised for any stress caused in this matter, and that the account is Statute Barred under the Limitations Act 1980 and I have closed the account on their system and returned it to our client.

I'm guessing now MKDP will try and sell it on again?

I start my Chemo/Radiotherapy treatment on the 30th for 5 weeks then getting scanned a month later to decide the surgery or not. So fingers crossed.

Thanks again for everyone who has advised me and supported me I really do appreciate it.

:yo:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

their client is Hoist HPH2

who bought MDKP and their debt portfolio in 2012

Hi Niv,

Excellent news about RW:whoo::whoo::whoo: