MKDP Claimform - Barclaycard **Claim Discontinued**

Nivagey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If the debt was sold by BC to a 3rd party, BC can't Set Off any PPI refund unless they repurchase the debt from Hoist.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

Update just had a letter from Robbers Way, today. Same blurb but this time they state 3 types of attack?

1: Refer customers account to their clients solicitors and ask them to issue a County Court Claim.

2: Send a report to credit reference agencies advising that it is an unpaid account with no payments being made (if its less than 6 years since the default date)

3: Try to contact customer by telephone using numbers that we have on record and any that we may obtain from third parties.

This means that we may call work numbers but we only discuss the account with the named account holder.

The last two I'm really angry about, as my credit file is now finally in a GOOD rating.

Secondly how can they say they can ring my work

then say they cant discuss anything unless they speak to the the named account holder?

This sounds like blackmail to me?

The account is well and truly statute barred.

Previously it was sold to MKDP

they took me to court then backed out.

Its now passed to Hoist and because they have bought and old rotten lemon but are still trying to make trouble for me.

I know the debt is legally un-retrievable through the courts and they can still chase it but how can they still threaten Court and all the other scare tactics they are threatening me with?

Is there a letter I can send?

Thanks in advance

no and don't fall for the willy waving.

hoist/robbersway/MKDP are ALL THE SAME LOT!

as for your credit rating stuff all they can do

it was defaulted and removed years ago.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

it cant return

you've been told all these things numerous times in this thread already

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

it cant return

you've been told all these things numerous times in this thread already

It still doesn't stop members worrying when they get letters like these!

I must admit, it's a new one on me and would set me off in panic mode but I've been here a long time now and realise it's a load of ****!

WITH RESPECT dx

I have been told numerous things on this website and indeed they have returned!

I'm not here to waste peoples time I'm genuinely CONCERENED and would appreciate a degree of understanding as if I were up together with all that's to be I wouldn't be registered on here in the first place! If its too much trouble to be civil please don't respond any more to me.

Thank you dotty 50 :(

what have returned.?

the only thing that appears to happen here is each of you support each other in worrying about nothing..

yes its only natural

but i'm not sure in how many more ways the varying people who have helped

can tell you ..its gone

dead buried.

they can willy wave all they like .

and they

Hi Niv,

Yes, they've come back time and again but there's nothing they can do.

They're full of empty threats which you're better off simply ignoring.

If you write back explaining they're wrong to say this or that, they'll take encouragement that you've reacted and continue to harass you.

Just ignore and there's nothing they can do to you.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

:lol:

and they

Dotty50/nivagey,

firstly it would help enormously if you stuck to one username.

Secondly, we, the team, including dx, know it is statute barred,

we also know that even though it is SB,

it doesnt stop them asking you to pay in whatever willy waving way they see fit.

You can then also ignore the hell out of it,

they can do no more than ask, you can say get lost.

You have been well advised throughout this thread, not least by dx,

he knows his stuff,

he also sits on this site helping people just like you for hours and hours, day after day,

he has done this fir the last 10 yrs, free of charge,

for no other reason than he wants to help people like you in similar situations.

Be greatful we exist at all.

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

hey just be careful.

the claim form issuance pauses the sb clock..........

the over riding factor here is rightly or wrongly

going by current wisdom at the time the relevant posts were made

the OP has consistently been advised to wrongly enter into pointless letter tennis

this goes right back to jan 2010........

you then cant expect whomever is the current owner of the debt

to try and send a speculative letter hoping to fund their exploitation of debtors that appear to not know the P's and Q's of debt management.

this is sadly the keystone of 99% of the reason why dca's exist.

people blindly think that a dca is a bailiff and some magical power over them.

the bottom line is

the whole dca structure would fail over night if people that have never heard of cag simply stopped paying and stopped responding to threat-o-grams

dx

and they

" people blindly think that a dca is a bailiff and some magical power over them. "

Or even worse a creditor :!:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Martin2006,

Firstly I am eternally grateful for the help I have received from members on this website, Including DX, I apologise if it came over that I didn't! Sometimes advice can be cryptic on here and not clear at all, it may just be the way we/i understand it I don't know but it can be very confusing at times.

I don't understand what you mean about sticking to one username? Myself and Dotty50?

I am now confused ref DX last post about "hey just be careful the claim form - issuance pauses the sb clock.........." What was this comment relevant to? was it general advice or was it referred to my case?

General "willy waving" what exactly do you mean? Having had a Court Claim letter drop on my door mat once already regarding this issue I certainly don't want another and was merely asking what I should do if it happens again seems nothing is beyond debt collectors capabilities.

What does this mean?

"the over riding factor here is rightly or wrongly

the OP has consistently been advised to wrongly enter into pointless letter tennis

this goes right back to jan 2010........"

Hi Martin2006,

I am now confused ref DX last post about "hey just be careful the claim form - issuance pauses the sb clock.........." What was this comment relevant to? was it general advice or was it referred to my case? Well not in your case as it was discontinued ...so the clock resumed.

General "willy waving" what exactly do you mean? Having had a Court Claim letter drop on my door mat once already regarding this issue I certainly don't want another and was merely asking what I should do if it happens again seems nothing is beyond debt collectors capabilities. There is always a possibility that a further claim could be made from another DCA......but very highly unlikely if its statute barred or approaching

What does this mean?

"the over riding factor here is rightly or wrongly

this goes right back to jan 2010........"

Basically this means that unless you receive a blue N1 claim form for this debt from Northampton from whoever...put anything else in your file and completely ignore ...dont ring dont write...and to be honest dont bother posting about it....as it is irrelevant on a discontinued claim.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I've only ever had one user Martin 2006 so I don't understand this comment either .

Hi Andy, I've always found it useful to comment on my own threads in the past, when I've received any correspondence. It sort of keeps it as a diary for me and could sometimes be useful for newcomers if they're reading older threads.

Fortunately they've all given up writing to me, not worth wasting a stamp anymore! 😀

I've only ever had one user Martin 2006 so I don't understand this comment either .

Hi Andy, I've always found it useful to comment on my own threads in the past, when I've received any correspondence. It sort of keeps it as a diary for me and could sometimes be useful for newcomers if they're reading older threads.

Fortunately they've all given up writing to me, not worth wasting a stamp anymore! ��

Absolutely Dotty and very commendable...invaluable also for new members

WITH RESPECT dx

I have been told numerous things on this website and indeed they have returned!

I'm not here to waste peoples time I'm genuinely CONCERENED and would appreciate a degree of understanding as if I were up together with all that's to be I wouldn't be registered on here in the first place! If its too much trouble to be civil please don't respond any more to me.

Thank you dotty 50 :(

no nivvy was saying tnx to dotty50 for supporting them in the previous post ....:lol:

and they

• 9 months later...

Hello again my friends,

I know I was advised not to post anymore unless it was about going to court!

However after 6-7 months of blissful nothing from RW they have started bombarding me again with letters and now have my home and mobile numbers (I just ignore on my mobile) however I have noticed on my home number between 8-9 they call.

I let it ring and check the number.

I am currently signed off work awaiting a colonoscopy due tomorrow as I might have bowl cancer,

my phones are quite hot from the Hospital and my Macmillan support carer

and I'm slightly worried about missing a home call if I ignore it because it might be RW.

Im not asking or looking for sympathy, just would like some advise on telling RW to leave me alone at this time because of my situation.

They must realise I have no intention of giving them anything as its now well and truly SB!

I was wondering to send them a letter stating this as its futile them trying to contact me to get any money out of me?

My apologies in advanced if I have possibly wasted anyones time but its kind of getting to me now and thought you could possibly advise me.

Thank you

I cant think of any other alternative to deal with it Niv.....apart from invest in a call minder...If you have answerphone Im sure the hospital would leave a message...were as they wouldn't dare leave a message..DCAs always terminate the call upon hearing an answerphone.....Data protection/Harrassment reasons etc .etc.

Andy

what about sending the SB letter now?

under the FCA CONC rules once told they should stop all comms I believe the book says?

and they

Do you think they would adhere to it DX ? :wink: