• Tweets

• I can only speak from personal experience. But a similar thing happened to me. Seriously dented door.  I made the other insurance pay. They regarded it as a write off. Took the money, replaced the door. Never heard anything more about it.    Except clearly someone sold my details to claims company, because I got loads of calls in bad English for a few month's 
    • The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

MKDP Claimform - Barclaycard **Claim Discontinued**

Nivagey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, last week I sent a template letter to Barclaycard requesting a copy of my original credit agreement from them.

I received this letter back from them stating they do not have to send the original copy to me.

Could anyone please advise if this letter from Barclaycard is correct

and they do not have to provide the original contract?

Thank you for your help :)

http://tinypic.com/r/rvvnkg/6

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Edited by Nivagey
Upload of files

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's their usual bull template letter. They do say that they are sending a copy under separate cover, so you should get it within a couple of days if they manage to find it, which is doubtful knowing them. The rest of the letter is just gobbledygook trying to intimidate.

Hi thanks for that. I did notice that they said they would be sending a copy of your "current" executed credit agreement? Does this mean they do not have a copy of the original and will not send that? Thanks again.

Barclays are infamous for not sending any documentation, whether it's because they've destroyed them or they've been warehoused & they cannot find them is anyone's guess, but suffice to say they have to send you a 'True' copy of your executed agreement which you signed otherwise they cannot take any enforcement action.

So would I be right in thinking that "if" they can not produce a copy of the "original signed" credit agreement with my actual signatuer on it from before May 1985 they can not take any inforcement action? Sorry if iI sound a bit slow :( Thank you for you help.

Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1557)

9 Copies of old agreements and security instruments where the agreement or security instrument has been lost etc

Any copy of an executed agreement made before 19th May 1985 or of a security instrument relating to security provided before that date which is given to the debtor, hirer or surety under any provision of the Act on or after that date may comprise an easily legible statement of the current terms of the agreement or security as the case may be insofar as they are known to the creditor or owner where, due to an accident or some other cause beyond his control, the creditor or owner does not have in his possession the executed agreement or security instrument or any copy thereof.

Basically, they are admitting there is no agreement. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again :( Could anyone help me on this one please? This is the letter from Barclaycard today regarding the letter of dispute I sent them as they would or could not produce the "original true copy" of my agreement the I had requested. Thanks

Hi Nivagey.

What barclaycard have sent you looks exactly the same as what i received from them back in May. I wouldn't worry about it to much to be honest they're just trying to fob you off. After i received this letter from barclaycard, cerberusalert advised me to either go down the CPR 31.16 request route or send a Subject Access Request, i chose to send them the Subject Access Request and i would personally advise you do the same as they have to produce all the information they hold on you and serves two purposes

threads merged.

Please stick to the one thread for the same issue thanks

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Sorry pressed wrong button.

As i was i saying it serves to purposes as they have to produce the CCA and also claim back unfair charges which they may have added to your a/c.

I see you have already had advice from cerberus who knows an awfully lot more than me, i'm sure he will advise you further.

jet83. Sorry, the company do not need to send a copy of the agreement within a Subject Access Request.

The information commissioner will not support any complaint made that a creditor did not supply a CCA within the DPA1998 request as it is covered by another act ie CCA 1974

HTH.

What you should receive from a subject access request is other and usually more interesting information.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Citizen B, fair enough i'm certainly not going argue with you, thats how i understood to be but i guess i was wrong. I still made a complaint to the ICO anyway, althogh all these associations seem to be on the side of the banks rather than the consumer, when ever i've had any dealings with them anyway :rolleyes:

In their reply to my sar, Barclaycard did actualy send me an application form claiming it to be the original agreement, when all i had from my cca requsets were printed off T&C's so its got to be worth a go anyway.

Hi thanks guys for this, however im still confused as what to do next :( Barclaycard seem adament that they do not need to provide it and we are not in "dispute". Any advice as to what I should do now? Thanks

Hi thanks guys for this, however im still confused as what to do next :( Barclaycard seem adament that they do not need to provide it and we are not in "dispute". Any advice as to what I should do now? Thanks

I'd be tempted to send them Scots letter below & see what their response is;

Re: my request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974

Thank you for your recent letter sent to me, the contents of which are noted. I appreciate your quick response to my original letter. However, the reply received by me does not fulfil your requirements under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The Act demands that I be supplied with a true copy of any properly executed credit agreement that exists in relation to the above account. I may ask for this on demand providing that a fee of £1.00 is paid. This fee was sent with my original letter.

My request remains outstanding. The items you sent in your reply, does not constitute a true copy of any credit agreement that may or may not have been signed by me on the opening of this account. It neither confirms that I am liable for any alleged debt to you, nor gives me any chance to evaluate whether any original agreement was ‘properly executed’.

I still require you to send me a true copy of the original credit agreement that you allege exists. As you will know, under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, a judge is not permitted to make any enforcement order unless the creditor can provide a true signed copy of the original credit agreement. This means that unless you can produce such an agreement, this alleged debt is not enforceable in law.

You had until XX/XX/2008 to provide me with the true copy I requested. You are now in default of my request. Any account I hold with you is now in legal dispute. Whilst the account remains in dispute, you are not permitted to ask for any payment, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you. Furthermore, whilst the dispute remains, you are not entitled to charge any interest on the account, nor make any further charges to the account. Additionally, you are not entitled to register any information on this account with any credit reference agency.

To register information with a credit reference agency, you must have written consent from the customer to collate and share such information. This consent is given in the form of a signed credit agreement, so until you produce such an agreement, you may not do this.

The requirement for consent to share data is a clear requirement of the Data Protection Act 1998. any such attempts to share my data without my consent will be met with a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office

To sum up, I will not be making any further payments to you until you provide me with the document I have requested. Whilst you remain in default of my request, you are not permitted to take any action against this account. This includes adding further charges and passing any information to the credit reference agencies.

Should you not have any signed credit agreement in relation to this alleged debt, please confirm this in writing to me.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Print name do not sign

**amend to suit your circumstances.**

Hi Cerberusalert,

Sorry mate I might have confused things a little here, I have sent "that" letter (thanks) the reply I got from them on the 24th is posted in my 24th Dec thread, its 3 pages long,they claim they still dont have to produce the original copy and say we are not in dispute and I have to carry on as normal or they may register a default against me with the credit reference agencies :( Thanks

Mate im totally confused now. So by sending a £1.00 postal order in the very first letter I sent to Barclaycard then was incorrect? The letter of formal request Ref 77(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 requesting the a "true copy" of the signed agreement. The thread from the post you have just mailed me below seems to imply that this request was not the right way to go?

"So what can you do to get the correct information that you need? Well, firstly, you need to write to the lender and ask for the agreement making sure that you make it clear you require a copy of the signed agreement in its original form and that the request you are making is NOT made under the Consumer Credit Act 1974".

Mate im totally confused now. So by sending a £1.00 postal order in the very first letter I sent to Barclaycard then was incorrect?
In the majority of cases a CCA request is sufficient & the majority of creditors will in fact supply a full copy of any agreement. However there are some, Barclays being one of them, who are notorious for refusing point blank to supply any information whatsoever... even SARs.

If they refuse point blank to supply and I do nothing, can they still take action against me then i.e take me to court? Reading the threads on the posts you gave me it seems unless they can produce the original signed agreement in court they can do noting? Sorry if I seem a bit dim :( Thanks

If they bring court action you can bring them to 'strict proof' where they will have to produce the original agreement.

Some creditors will go the 'full mile' by attempting to gain a CCJ in the absence of a CCA in the hope that they will win by default but if you contest they withdraw at the last minute.