roflhoff

Identity theft

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3625 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

I had a letter through the post last year from a DCA informing me I owed £99 for a catalogue account in my name. I wrongly phoned them up to explain that I knew nothing of the debt and what I could do in order to resolve the situation. They gave me the details of when the account was opened and when it defaulted and asked me to provide bank statements etc to prove I wasn't at the address when the account was opened. I did this along with asking for a copy of the CCA. I was then told by letter that the particular DCA wasn't dealing with the account anymore.

The account was opened at my ex-girlfriends address. Although I stayed there from time to time, I never resided at this address.

Im as certain as I can be that my ex has opened this account in my name.

After getting hold of my credit report online recently, there also seems to be one other account open in my name that I have no knowledge of. This one hasn't been 'traced' back to me yet, but I'm interested in finding out what my next steps should be in this matter.

I've spoken to callcredit regarding this and they've advised me to send information to the DCA, and that speaking to the police regarding a fraud would be up to me.

Last week, I had another letter regarding the above debt, and have now sent the same CCA request letter off to them to see what they come back with.

As I said above, I would love any advice people could give me on what I should do, as this debt seems to be getting sold from one DCA to the next, and I want these fraudulent accounts removing from my credit file!!

Sorry for waffling on!

Thanks in advance :)

Guest Old_andrew2018

Bump