jack96

Orange Contract. Please help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3629 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My partner and I have been on the phone with orange all day with regards to her mobile phone contract and I am hoping someone can help us with what to do next.

She Is in the 9th month (I think) of her contract and her sony ericsson c902 has completely packed up it, wont work at all. She had a replacement handset in July but it just had all the same problems.

The rep on the phone was very enthusiastic about the 6 month warranty orange gave her for free on this phone because of the problems with the handset and that no other company was doing this, up until I questioned why they were handing out contracts with phones known to be faulty.

Also a rep my partner spoke to earlier was very rude and sarcastic to her.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? What are our options here do we have to accept it and fork out for a new phone ourselves? I feel like orange are being unreasonable

Any replies would be appreciated.

Cheers

It does not appear that Orange are being unreasonable from the info you've given above. They have replaced the phone when it was faulty due to the Sale Of Goods act, as it was faulty within 6 months from date of purchase the equipment supplier is responsible to repair/replace if any faults develop. (It seems that the rep you spoke to was confused between manufacturer's warranty and The Sale Of Goods Act -this is two separate things).

However, the cut off point comes when it is over 6 months since the original purchase. This is where manufacturer's warranty kicks in (with Sony Ericsson offering 24 months warranty), which you'd need to contact Sony Ericsson to organise repair of the handset.

The other alternative is if you have any mobile insurance which covers a faulty handset, in which case you could look at making a claim on that.

It is also worth mentioning with phones being sold in Tesco/Asda for under £10, they are not expensive items to use/abuse. That said, DO remmber that your service contract covers the SIM, NOT the phone, so if the latter goes faulty you still hare bound to pay for service (just put the SIM in another handset) and carry on until the old one is returned or replaced.

All Orange branded handsets and some approved generic handsets too, come with a 6 month warranty. If the phone is replaced before month 6 then the replacement you are sent, has a further 90 days warranty.

However there is a cut off point, once the contract hits month 9, they will no longer replace handsets free of charge, to replace they would be looking at Emergency Care / Replacement. If those options were not what you wanted to take, then they can advise you to send handset to sony ericsson for a repair, however if the phone has already been replaced once by Orange, the warranty will only cover from the first day you took out the contract, not a new 24 month on the replacements.

Hope this helps..