style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I expect you thought this topic was sure to be about football. No, not football but maybe a game of two halves! BTW so football does get a bit of a plug I have a Spurs household, I stay on the side line on that! Anyway, I wanted to help the Government with a suggested list of names to consider just in case the RBS Board decided to go if bonuses were culled or imo not given this year as you didn't make any profit over and above your debts last year. I read a journalist over heard two Bankers talking and one said to the other "This is our best year ever!" Planet comes to mind. I start the running. Perhaps you have thoughts on name suggestions please add.

Sir Alan Sugar Entrepreneur So good at saying "Your Fired!"

Peter Jones CBE Entrepreneur

'Olly' Rothschild International Man of Excellence

Sir Terry Leahy CEO of Tesco

Or Stelios from easyjet :p it'd be easier for them to evade a sniper if they were wearing as much orange... they'd blend in to their own fake tans!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

...I wanted to help the Government with a suggested list of names to consider just in case the RBS Board decided to go if bonuses were culled...Perhaps you have thoughts on name suggestions please add.
MilkTrayMan - CEO

CV - I sometimes play golf + I know nothing about any alleged backroom dealings done in the council estates of Eton.

8-)

Roger Cook - investigative journalist

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Why, what has Roger Cook ever done to you? :shock:

He could make sure everyone behaves themselves!

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

It's about changing a mind set which I think started when the Uk was turned into a service industry and not being more self sufficient. Banker bashing has been mentioned but let's get constructive. I still like to bear in mind they are the servants not the masters. There were rules which were ignored in the industry and now everyone is paying the price. 40k per household I last heard.

Simon Cowell. Everyone would want to bank there, you could get the really good bankers as all the other banks would close because their customers have left to go to The Bank with the X Factor. It could be charge free as there would be loads o money and wouldn't need to pinch off those who were less fortunate.

• 4 weeks later...

If Richard Branson is going ahead with creating a new bank, it would be the opportunity to make it the one everyone is looking for and ticks all the boxes. At the moment it is difficult for someone to get a debit card if there is adverse info registered against them by a Credit Reference Agency which can sit around for six years. After all a debit card is a way to pay for goods direct from your account.If you are refused a debit card this prevents you from buying on line and more often goods on line are cheaper. Again this means you are preventing people for getting a better deal.

Caro has started a thread in The Consumer Forum titled Bank Charges Campaign continues. I will get a link. Give your thoughts and there is also a link on the thread to another petition to reduce the length of time CCA's hold info from six years to three.

Edited by determindator

At the moment it is difficult for someone to get a debit card if there is adverse info registered against them by a Credit Reference Agency which can sit around for six years. After all a debit card is a way to pay for goods direct from your account.If you are refused a debit card this prevents you from buying on line and more often goods on line are cheaper. Again this means you are preventing people for getting a better deal.

My Credit is pants and I have had that problem for years. Someone told me to give Halifax (EasyCash account) a go, so I did. I applied for it online and only had to send them a photocopy (or scan if you wish) of my passport. I had a debit card within 10 days and it was a couple of weeks before Christmas as well, which came in handy. You can do everything you can do with a regular account (standing orders, dd's, money transfers etc), but you can't get interest or an overdraft. And of course, you can shop online and stuff.

I wouldn't recommend Halifax for anything else personally, but if you need a debit card (which everyone does), then it's a must.

I had previously been refused by the Co-op who are meant to accept everybody.

https://www.halifax.co.uk/easycash/forms/ey_main.asp?applicationState=1&brand=halifax&navigation=b

Here is the link for the online application for anyone that wants it.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Many thanks Sodem for your informative post. You may want to post this info in the Bank Forums where more peeps will see the info. I will give you a well deserved green blob if you tell me where you post.

BB, you may have got yourself sorted now but a lot has changed over the last few months in Banking, and it may be a success second time round to reapply.