Can I hire a car without a credit card - cant find any firm who will!!!!

angel_1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya all

it appears cannot find a hire company who will allow us to hire a car abroad without a credit card

is it possible anyone has found a company who will take cash or and a debit card payment

any companies to try out please

cheers appreciate your feedback and comments

laters angel x8)

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hi,

It's difficult finding car hire companies who'll deal without credit cards. Your best bet is a small independent company. Check Yellow Pages in your area.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

thanks for the speedy reply Scott as always very helpful

will look at this, only want to hire a car to get me to my parents home from the airport and only for 1 day

would have thought it be easier than this

another thought, what about those pre paid credit cards guess they wouldnt really help??

cheers again have a fun eve angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

hiya postggj

thanks for that i was thinking though after speaking with my friend who said he booked with a credit card they just took a copy of his credit card but never got any further charges on it, so i think its only for a security measure and that you are named on the card and its valid

thus im thinking if we got one of those pre paid cards then would that be just as good in the instance of hiring the car abroad?

cheers angel x

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
I got a Cashplus pre paid card just for this purpose, it is the only prepaid card that you can hire a car with, but you have to phone customer services beforehand and let them know

Sorry, can you clarify if that's customer services for the car hire people or at Cashplus? And why is Cashplus acceptable but no other pre-paid card?

Mozzone

Taking on the bloodsuckers

The reason they want a credit card is to protect themselves against having to pay out for any speeding or parking charges incurred during the hire of the car.

This is partly correct but the main reason is security. With a card they get a better chance of identifying you than with cash.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice usefull.

Sorry, can you clarify if that's customer services for the car hire people or at Cashplus? And why is Cashplus acceptable but no other pre-paid card?

You have to tell the customer services at Cashplus you will be using it to hire a car. Cashplus is at the moment the only pre paid card supplier to offer this for some reason, it may be because it is a Mastercard. I rang them all before a found that Cashplus offered this service. It does actually tell you on their website that you can hire a car, which I missed. You do have to have enough funds in to cover the amount the car hire company are holding on your card though.

• 2 months later...