192.com people finder

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My settings have always been on maximum privacy on Facebook - viewable by approved friends and family only. It helps me stay in touch with my far flung kids at Uni etc.

However!!!!!

I was FURIOUS to log on yesterday and find that, due to their new policy, ALL my privacy settings had been reset to their default - viewable by everyone. If I hadn't gone on I wouldn't have known and could have been vulnerable for weeks.

I've reset everything now-but that's not the point is it?

The world's gone mad. I despair!!!

My neice is a member is facebook (I am Not)

To be frank, I find it astonishing that so many people post up?

Not very hard to look around on that website...Dangerous!

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My neice is a member is facebook (I am Not)

To be frank, I find it astonishing that so many people post up?

Not very hard to look around on that website...Dangerous!

Facebook and the likes are also used by Benefits investigators who have successfully brought fraud cases based on the information/photographs posted there.

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

IMHO, it is a DCA and dodgy persons paradise!

Unless, of course one can be sure that all is totally secure and private!?

I do hope that posters on such sites, ensure that their accounts are:

private and;

that they log off, at the end of each session.

Hi all - I have to admit, my details have now been deleted from 192.com, so they did keep their promise. I am still disgusted that I had to request the removal of my personal details and if I had my way they would be publicly tarred and feathered, but unfortunately this is no longer PC......

The only reason they are removing names so quickly (ie less than the 30 days they quote) is they are sh*****g themselves that some clued up people have sussed out the implication of their business.

It's all part of the stealth approach of their growth - don't make waves!

Good point kurvaface. I don't know what good this will do, but I have just emailed LBC to see if they will give this problem a wider audience. It is the sort of thing that they would highlight, so fingers crossed that they pick up on this. I know this will only cover the London area, but maybe then it may get picked up nationally.......

Seems our friend from 192.com has the sulks. Not been here since last Saturday afternoon. Maybe he's just busy at the moment.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Seems our friend from 192.com has the sulks. Not been here since last Saturday afternoon. Maybe he's just busy at the moment.

I opened the door a bit for a response in post#195 by trying to be a bit more 192 'friendly', but it seems they don't want to take the opportunity to elaborate a bit more on how things work etc.

Oh well. It was worth a try. ;)

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

I will tell everyone about this site to let them know the world we are today , i will print 500 C01 forms and literally hand them to people , i think 90% off population isn´t aware of this , so please people spread the word ... it will save lifes eventually ...

An example of how much info you can gleen. I had 2 cars written off by a group of scumbags who had decided one of my sons was going out with the wrong girl! My son knew who 4 of them were, but not where they lived. 192.com and others to the rescue :)

I know where they live, mobile phone numbers, home phone nos, DoB (Facebook), parents details inc occupation and where they work, car details and if they are insured, fave places to go to, illegal activities they brag about (Facebook), photos of all of them, a search of past local newspapers revealed a number of offences convixted of and parents indiscretions as well (drink driving, no ins etc), current girlfriends, fave films, fave drug/drink, parents self employed/business accounts and whether behind with filing tax returns etc. The list goes on.

Am I going to do anything with this info? Time will tell, but an afternoon on the computer gives so much info its unbelievable, I hadnt realised just how much.

Most folk dont understand how much is known about us and what it can mean. 192.com are only one in a long list of information sources, so I think Zoe from that company deserves some credit for trying to explain what she can. Could you imagine anyone from any DCA or CRA coming onto CAG?

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

well Iv'e downloaded my CO1 form and I am going to fill it in and get it off.couple of questions about it if anyone can help?1) Do I sign the form. ( told on site not to sign things)2) should I send it recorded?I too intend to tell all and sundry about 192.com and their shady tactics.friends have been alarmed to find themselves and their data listed,so will advise them of the CO1 form.owen

well Iv'e downloaded my CO1 form and I am going to fill it in and get it off.couple of questions about it if anyone can help?1) Do I sign the form. ( told on site not to sign things)2) should I send it recorded?I too intend to tell all and sundry about 192.com and their shady tactics.friends have been alarmed to find themselves and their data listed,so will advise them of the CO1 form.owen

You should send it recorded! As for signing the CO1, if it doesnt have a signature on it I dont think they would be obliged to process it. Some caggers have a protected signature thnat can be pasted onto forms, others use pretend signatures... Up to you really!

I have just sent in three CO1 forms (myself and other occupants) together with three section 10's, for good measure!

I bet you anything, if they could sell your signature, they would, and they would find a way of justifying it. Something along the lines of:

"Well you sign public documents with it so it's out there any way"

Next they'll be buying the DNA database and flogging that to anyone who wants it - like health insurers.

Edited by kurvaface
spelling

Ooops! have I missed something, what is the section 10 form???
#

Section 10 of the Data Protection Act 1980.

It deals with forcing companies to stop processing one's data.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/586-legal-notice-issued-under-section-10-of-the-data-protection-act-1980