192.com people finder

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lion

all you need to do is write and tell them to remove the data. Head the letter "Notice under s10 Data Protection Act 1998" in big letters. It doesn't have to be in a particular form AFAIK

Some of us have already done this and they have only removed our data from the free part of there site. The data still appears in the pay part. The days are counting down now for me so it looks like court action.............and compensation.

the proffessional bodies need to be tackling this first as a matter of life and death,quite possibly

I don't think the so called professional bodies would be interested in our concerns, after all, we are mere minions. Our peers concerns would carry more weight, but that may not be enough.

On the other hand, should a nutter find the details of a child toucher-upper or a cleric/bnp supporter or some other such person that they have a grievance with, and then directly use that database for personal vengeance, I think there would be a political outcry immediately. Thats not what the database is intended for I know, but that scenario is a possibility. I expect the usual excuses are already being drafted.

Bill

This is a disgusting outrage!!

Letter off in the post today!!:mad:

L/Woods B/Card/Cabot - Unenforceable CCA, SD Issued *WON+COSTS*

Capital One/Cabot - No CCA account irrecoverable.

Citi/DLC Hillesden - No CCA account irrecoverable

MBNA/Aegis - Unenforceable CCA

B/Card/HFO - Unenforceable CCA

Fashion World - No CCA account irrecoverable

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

The Lion

all you need to do is write and tell them to remove the data. Head the letter "Notice under s10 Data Protection Act 1998" in big letters. It doesn't have to be in a particular form AFAIK

Thanks for the advice :D

vint

you are right. However, information is the structuring of data and the information supplied by 192.com is greater than the sum of its parts.

And there is a view that they cannot publish your data without your consent even if it is in the public domain

vint

you are right. However, information is the structuring of data and the information supplied by 192.com is greater than the sum of its parts.

And there is a view that they cannot publish your data without your consent even if it is in the public domain

Steven,

Understood. So it is the collateing of all the info in one place, about an individual, that is a no no.

I am tooing and frowing with the ICO about your last point, trying to get them to agree that banks can hold your data if you have a loan or CC with them, but they need written consent to share it. They are being a tad evasive.

the whole fact that anyone can buy data such as this is a crass dereliction of responsibility on the govt's part

Data regarding people in certain sensitive fields of employment should not be able to be bought

A Data protection breach like this by an IRA spyring almost brought the NI executive crashing down

the whole fact that anyone can buy data such as this is a crass dereliction of responsibility on the govt's part

Data regarding people in certain sensitive fields of employment should not be able to be bought

A Data protection breach like this by an IRA spyring almost brought the NI executive crashing down

Fully agree.

Understood. So it is the collateing of all the info in one place, about an individual, that is a no no.
THat's what I think. But I also think we will have to argue the point. The letter from the MOJ or ICO a few posts above gives me comfort that I am right

The other issue of course is they have no way of preventing fruadulent use of data.

They say they have an audit trail in place so they can see when your data was purchased, how it was purchased and who etc.

That's all well and good except it is only useful once a fraud or murder has been committed, which I don't think is an acceptable measure to protect a data subject.