• Tweets

• Hmmm, interesting point. In my career, that I am retired from now, there were an immense amount of rules and regulations that one had to adhere to by law. The qualification process is rigorous with on going assessments throughout your career and re-certification every 12 months. If you were shown to be not competent in those rules and regulations you could not hold the position and the operational consequences of that could potentially be dire. In the same respect, perhaps a judge who is not conversant in the rules of POFA should not sit in on cases that requires proficiency in that area? I also bow to your considerable knowledge in this area, perhaps I shouldn't be commenting but by doing so I find it helps the learning process. Your last point has just reminded me of something that may help my case, thank you.
    • Just had an email re the my breache in agreement by her rep.   I asked you yesterday if they had asked about her name in the thread being removed.   The issue they have is the Elizabeth turner and genetic pups entry on google.   they knew I did not put it up and told them so in court.  I dnt know how to post on google.   I told them I cannot remove what I did not post.  when i come back here and saw her name gone from threads title, I presumed her reps sought it.   now I get an email saying her names still on google ur breaching the agreement as it’s still on google.  
    • Peter McCormack says "ambition is big" and Real Bedford's attendances are increasing with promotions.View the full article
    • How does one obtain the permit? The permit team number is only open between the hours of 9am to 3pm Mon - Fri. It says on the website, To obtain an additional 2 hours, the driver must pay a tariff of £3.00 + booking fees in person at our Security Hut, is that how you get the permit also, from the security hut? What a rigmaroll that would be but maybe just another step to take to try and catch people out?
    • Anotheruser0000 bear in mind that not all Judges are equally versed in the PoFA regulations. Fortunately now most of them are but sometimes a Judge from a higher Court sits in who is well experienced  in Law but not PoFA. and so they sometimes go "offkey" because their knowledge can raise a different set of arguments and solutions. It does seem particularly unfair  when the decision is so  bad . it can also be that in some situations the motorist being a lay person is not sufficiently know ledgeable to be able to counter a Judge's decisions in a way that a barrister could.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

192.com people finder

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused why are my details on the paid for search result when I opted out of this on the election card? Without even paying I can see I am flagged up on my old address with my Mother and her partner's names listed and now at my current address with my partner's name showing. Although you can't see the address on the free search I am furious that someone could potentially access my address details just by searching 192.com and know it was me by other details such as my partner's name this is really awful, any old nutter could access that information.

I tried to download that form to request removal but the link didn't work, is there another I can use?

What I find more worrying is they refuse to remove ALL your data as they state records such as births, marriages etc are in the public domain etc. I have this in writing from them. So using the form they provide will only remove your electoral role details.

In my opinion it should not be assumed that I allow my data to be shared without my say so just because I did not tick a box.

What I find more worrying is they refuse to remove ALL your data as they state records such as births, marriages etc are in the public domain etc. I have this in writing from them. So using the form they provide will only remove your electoral role details.

In my opinion it should not be assumed that I allow my data to be shared without my say so just because I did not tick a box.

hence the need to send a section 10 notice.... this prevents them from processing anything......

the sources given as to the information on the site is lies

on my listing i have my son (who did not have the name as displayed on the site when he lived at home), and his wife, who has never lived at this address yet both are shown

could NOT have been from electoral roll or any telephone accounts

therefore mrs 192.com you are a LIAR

can you do a trial search with out paying

is there a trial period

No, postggj... no free trial, just very basic free search, drawn from the phonebook I think.

Cheapest block of credits for premium search is 5 for about £10. They used to do a scheme where you could click through to sponsors for free credits but that seems to have disappeared.

Oops I sent two sheets one for each address, will that not work? Where do I get the section 10 notice from? :)

Sorry think I just saw a template letter for it a bit further up, but what reason do I state as for wanting my stuff removed from their listing as I just don't want it on there?

Do you need a reason?

It even makes me suspicious if anyone even asks what my reason is.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

My Postie has just been and to my suprise there was a letter from my MP.

Thank you for your email about I-CD Publishing (UK) Ltd.

I am in touch with Ministers about the issue and I will write to you again as soon as I have a response.

Yours sincerely

Cool.

just recived this repley to my email request for them to remove my details

Thank you for your email.

The data sources used on our website www.192.com are as follows;

* The UK Electoral Roll (2002,2003,2004,2005,2006,2007,2008 and 2009)

* The OSIS database (full listing of UK telephone numbers, not including ex directory)

* Business and Director Reports (provided by Dun&Bradstreet/Web Data)

* Land Registry data (© Crown copyright material is reproduced with the permission of Land Registry.)

All this information is available in the public domain. The nature of the source and the volume of data dictate how we deal with removals. Individual’s data eg name, home address and telephone number (if not ex directory) will be given if listed on the UK Electoral Roll, OSIS database or as a director or listed executive of a company.

Electoral Roll

By law your local authority has to make the electoral register available for anyone to look at. The register is held at the local electoral registration office and some public buildings, such as libraries.

Until recently, any company, organisation or person could buy a copy of the register. The government has now changed the law so that every individual has some choice about who can buy details of your name and address. Under the changes there are now two versions of the register: the full version and the edited version. When you complete your electoral registration form each October you will be able to choose whether you want your details included on the edited register.

The full register has the names and addresses of everyone registered to vote. Anyone can look at it, but copies can only be supplied for certain purposes, such as elections and law enforcement. Credit reference agencies are also allowed to use the full register, but only to check your name and address if you are applying for credit and to help prevent money laundering. This means that we no longer have access to the complete electoral roll for use on our products.

We have always offered to remove individual’s details from the Electoral Roll upon completion of a CO1 form. Available at http://www.192.com/support/downloads/C01.pdf

We have 30 days from the date that we receive the C01 form to remove it from the 192.com website.

OSIS (telephone numbers)

We are unable to remove telephone numbers as we receive a daily update direct from OSIS. If we remove the record it will reappear unless the record is removed at source. To remove a record the individual needs to contact their telecoms provider and request to go ex directory. To check to see if your details are on BT, please click on the following link - www.bt.com.

Directors Reports

The Directors' and Shareholders' Database contains detailed information on over 2.3 million companies and 6 million directors and key contacts. It includes directors' home addresses and dates of birth. It also includes detailed financial information on companies from turnover to No. of Employees. Director and company reports can be downloaded online. Derived from a number of sources, from Companies House to telephone research, the business database is updated on a monthly basis.

Removal or amendment of your Director Report

Current UK Law requires directors and secretaries of companies, members of Limited Liability Partnerships and permanent representatives of overseas companies with a place of business in Great Britain, to supply their usual residential address for the public record. Director’s reports are also updated regularly; we can remove directors records in extreme cases where individuals maybe at risk but unless the removal is also conducted at source the record will reappear at a later date.

Confidentiality Orders

Directors or Secretaries may apply for a confidentiality order if they believe that their residential address by being on the public record would create a serious risk that they or those who live with them, would be subject to violence or intimidation.

For form 723B to apply for a Confidentiality order under The Companies (Particulars of Usual Residential Address) (Confidentiality Orders) Regulations 2002, please contact the confidentiality orders info line : (+44) 0845 3032 400

Births, Marriages and Death records cannot be removed as these are records that are taken from The National Records Office - http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

I hope that this information has helped you understand our removals process more clearly however if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Service Team directly.

Kind Regards

Matthew Ayre

Customer Service Team Leader

i-CD Publishing (UK) Ltd

i think the only way to remove your details fully from their system is now a full s-10 by post

Current UK Law requires directors and secretaries of companies, members of Limited Liability Partnerships and permanent representatives of overseas companies with a place of business in Great Britain, to supply their usual residential address for the public record. Director’s reports are also updated regularly; we can remove directors records in extreme cases where individuals maybe at risk but unless the removal is also conducted at source the record will reappear at a later date.

Confidentiality Orders

Directors or Secretaries may apply for a confidentiality order if they believe that their residential address by being on the public record would create a serious risk that they or those who live with them, would be subject to violence or intimidation.

For form 723B to apply for a Confidentiality order under The Companies (Particulars of Usual Residential Address) (Confidentiality Orders) Regulations 2002, please contact the confidentiality orders info line : (+44) 0845 3032 400

Directors do not have to register their residential address for public viewing. A director may change their service address to from their residential address to registered office.

This is all very convenient for I-CD publishing saying that they are public databases. What they are not saying is that they actually buy the data, package it together then flog it potentially to any criminal that wants it.

It's all well and good them saying they can conduct an audit after a crime has been commited but what do they do to prevent the crime in the first place?....Nothing.

Drat - just too late to pop copies of the forms, with a covering note, in with all my Christmas cards.

I'm opted out of the ER, I've been ex directory ever since i got my current number, yet these cowboys see fit to tell the world what my number is and where I live?

Letter to my MP already sent...

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

well done hillards, Iv'e posted mine off and really urge anyone new looking at this thread to check their details and information held on them by 192.com and do as we have done and send off demanding that they remove the said information pronto! after all I never gave them permission to use my info.links to the forms you will need to get this done are on this thread.owen

Guest HeftyHippo

I've just looked at this thread and am outraged (but not surprised) that this is going on.

Simply asking them to remove my (electoral register) data might work in this instance, but what when someone else comes along? We can't be expected to continually write to each new organisation requesting they remove data.

I want to complain to the ICO, as said earlier, perhaps if enough people did that, the ICO might stop them permanently. Having looked at the ICO form, it implies you must have contacted the company directly first. Is that the case? Obviously, if 192 remove our details when contacted and thus defeat an ICO investigation, they will never be stopped.

My concern is in stopping their processing data without prior consent as I have never dealt with 192 before they can't possibly have my consent.

Is it possible to complain to the ICO in the first instance as a matter of 192 not having my consent?