Mistermind

-------- Did Egg send your DN? --------

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3628 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Any number of posters have mentioned they never received an Egg Default Notice by post as claimed and as required by law. They were later shocked to discover from CRAs that Egg had registered said DN thereby denying cardholders a chance to remedy the default within the statutory time limit.

This is a serious breach of consumer regulations, most especially for Egg the cyber card which does not send out letters by ordinary mail like other cards. Cardholders who do not regularly logon to check statements etc will miss any Egg secure messages mentioning DN, ending with serious damage to credit history, as Egg would rather die than roll back a DN.

OFT the regulator will for sure become interested if a pattern of Egg non-compliance is reported independently by a large number of customers. Understandably the OFT would take little note of anonymous letters or forum postings, but for sure they will be roused if on 2nd January 2010 one hundred letters arrive in their in-tray describing firsthand experience on the same subject, each letter appended with signature, address, and Egg account number, confirming the cardholder never received a DN, one which Egg keep saying they sent out by post. All in favour, say aye. For the sake of all cardholders, anyone interested:

on the last posting day of December to send a letter to:

Head of Enquiries and Reporting Centre

OFT

Fleetbank House

2-6 Salisbury Square

London EC4Y 8JX

Each letter in your own words but all bearing the same heading:

Egg did not send Default Notice to me as claimed

The OFT do want to hear from the grassroots. This is your chance, your voice to the top. I have no connection with the OFT, not drumming up business for them. :-D

Yep

sounds good to me!

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Count me in

Scrapper Coco :cool:

"I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Scrapper vs MBNA Partial Settlement Success. Saved £13,000 :lol:

Scrapper vs Barclays Bank Plc PPI Reclaim Success £5,500 :lol:

Scrapper vs Barclaycard Partial Settlement Success. Saved £6,000 :lol:

Scrapper vs Tesco's FOS upheld complaint. Possible court action to get default removed

Scrapper vs Egg (Barclaycard) Awaiting FOS

Scrapper vs Barclays Bank Plc Offered made & Refused. This means war :-x

Scrapper vs Barclaycard (Cabot) Waiting 4 years for CCA. Cabot advised irresolvable :lol:

Scrapper vs Intelligent Finance. Success

Scrapper vs Picture (Webb Resolutions) Success

Beginner's guide

Advice & opinions given by Scrapper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

New Years Eve is Thursday 31st December.

Interested victims of AWOL DNs may like to mail first-class, everybody posting on New Years Eve!

Happy New Year (not necessarily to Egg) ! :D :D

fireworksanddrinks.jpg