style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3386 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have received the following notice of assignement back from Cabot who bought the debt from CitiFincial back in 2006. As you can see the words "Representation of letter sent on 6th June 2006" are pencilled in on the top by Cabot.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that for the debt to be enforceable the original notice of assignement and proof of posting had to be produced if the case ever went to court to be compliant with the Law of Property Act 1925.

Any more thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae118/petchlada17/img081.jpg

Guest Old_andrew2018

Bump

Interesting as from what I know Citi haven't been using their Salford offices since last year.

Also to note is that the letter isn't signed, so giving a representation seems a little suspect.

Will get some wiser bods to look in here for you.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html