Michael McIntyre walks out of Cabot ceremony

jb000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if he will come and pay CAG a visit at one of the meets?

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Comic Michael McIntyre refuses to perform for debt collectors and loses £28k fee

by Will Payne

6/12/2009Michael McIntyre walked out of a gig rather than perform for a firm of debt collectors.

The comic lost out on a £28,000 fee when he refused to compare the £200,000 private party less than half an hour before it was due to start at London’s 02 Arena.

Michael, 33, who faced debt problems before hitting the big time as a stand-up, told friends he did not know what the company did when the gig was booked – and said performing would have been against his principles.

Organisers of Friday’s event, for 350 workers at award-winning Kent-based Cabot Financial Limited, had to find a last-minute stand-in.

A source said: “They were furious as it was a coup to land Michael. They have been doing really well while everyone else has been struggling and wanted to reward their employees

:lol:

I think he is ok but his hair has a life of its own.

Total respect to him for fighting back.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Well done to Michael McIntyre who for me has always been excellent as a stand up comedian, funny but without the smut and sometimes caustic with the need for bad language and now he demonstrates that he can still remember what life can sometimes be like.

I wish him every success.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

I wonder if the taxman knows that Cabot staff are getting a freebie worth over £571 each?

And even more amazing is they didn't answer their phones to comment - if the Mirror had posed as someone wanting to pay, they'd have got through straight away.

Edited by DonkeyB

(Edit)

"

Michael McIntyre has reportedly walked out of a corporate gig, the moment he realised he would be performing for hundreds of debt collectors.

He lost a reputed £28,000 for withdrawing from the private bash at London’s O2 Arena just half an hour before it was due to start.

Before he hit the big time, McIntyre was £40,000 in debt, and would struggle to meet the rent – or even the Tube fare to get to gigs. However now his fortunes have reversed, and he recently bought a £3.2million in North London.

Around 350 employees of Kent-based Cabot Financial Ltd, which made £13million profit chasing bad debts it buysfrom banks and credit card companies, were at the O2 gig, which cost an estimated £200,000 to put on.

A spokesman for the comic told the Sunday Mirror: ‘Michael was in debt himself and has a conscience, especially at this time of year.’

Read more: (Edit)

Edited by ukaviator
Commercial link removed

Illegitimi non carborundum.

We saw this yesterday, that was great. I bet they are not too happy. I wonder if Cabot have an agreement? :rolleyes:

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I think it is probably for appearances that they continue as normal but they are only fooling themselves. Ken Maynard said when they made their £6 million loss that there were good portfolios on the horizon. What he didn't say is that they have stacks of unenforceable debts that aren't producing any revenue and I doubt if their push since then is doing them any good.

They can probably also offset it against tax in some way. They have lost a huge amount not just the £6 million if you consider their projections were to make many milions it means they have lost at least double that.

This story really has made my 2009 (and 2008)! They must have been FUUUUMING!!!