Michael McIntyre walks out of Cabot ceremony

jb000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

" Michael McIntyre walked out of a gig rather than perform for a firm of debt collectors.

The comic lost out on a £28,000 fee when he refused to compere the £200,000 private party less than half an hour before it was due to start at London’s 02 Arena.

Michael, 33, who faced debt problems before hitting the big time as a stand-up, told friends he did not know what the company did when the gig was booked – and said performing would have been against his principles.

Organisers of Friday’s event, for 350 workers at award-winning Kent-based Cabot Financial Limited, had to find a last-minute stand-in.

A source said: “They were furious as it was a coup to land Michael. They have been doing really well while everyone else has been struggling and wanted to reward their employees.”

Michael later said he would never have agreed to sign up had he known what the firm did.

It makes its money buying bad debts from banks and credit card companies and chasing them up – last year it made a profit of £13million.

Michael recently said: “Four years ago I was £40,000 in debt – credit cards, loans, all that, with no assets and often no way of actually meeting the rent.”

His spokesman said last night: “Michael was in debt himself and has a conscience, especially at this time of year.”

Cabot Financial were unavailable for comment.

(Sunday Mirror )

Has gone way up in my estimation.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yah would of been nice if he conducted his show with the contempt it deserved and made them look so small and then donated the fee to cag to wipe salt into their wounds lol

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

It is so good to see some one successful not forgetting how hard it is for others, and seeing some things are more important than money.

Good for him!! :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I think these 'debt collector award' ceremonies should be scrapped altogether

This wasn't a ceremony it was a staff party.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Good for you Michael McIntyre!

As Cerb has mentioned, you didn't host the Credit Today Awards either.

I like you now - funny and principled. :):D xx

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Hi there

Great stuff -- at least it's great to know that there are still SOME human beings left on this planet.

What however was the "Award winning Company" given its award for --for causing the most amount of Distress to the largest number of people in Kent in any one day in 2009.

I have to deal with another hideous outfit Restons solicitors at the moment.

I always endorse my envelopes to them in big red letters on the outside

Hey, Hey We're Restons OK

How many Houses have you Repossessed Today.

Good to see a great comedian sticking good to his principles - even in this time of tough market conditions -- that Gig presumably would have paid him a sizeable amount - especially welcome just before XMAS.

My faith in Human beings is a little stronger today -- well done.

Cheers

jimbo

Cabot are doing really well are they? I thought they just posted losses of £6m.

Anyway, good for Michael Mcintyre. I don't particularly like him as a comic but he's got my respect for that.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.