jb000

Michael McIntyre walks out of Cabot ceremony

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3181 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

" Michael McIntyre walked out of a gig rather than perform for a firm of debt collectors.

The comic lost out on a £28,000 fee when he refused to compere the £200,000 private party less than half an hour before it was due to start at London’s 02 Arena.

Michael, 33, who faced debt problems before hitting the big time as a stand-up, told friends he did not know what the company did when the gig was booked – and said performing would have been against his principles.

Organisers of Friday’s event, for 350 workers at award-winning Kent-based Cabot Financial Limited, had to find a last-minute stand-in.

A source said: “They were furious as it was a coup to land Michael. They have been doing really well while everyone else has been struggling and wanted to reward their employees.”

Michael later said he would never have agreed to sign up had he known what the firm did.

It makes its money buying bad debts from banks and credit card companies and chasing them up – last year it made a profit of £13million.

Michael recently said: “Four years ago I was £40,000 in debt – credit cards, loans, all that, with no assets and often no way of actually meeting the rent.”

His spokesman said last night: “Michael was in debt himself and has a conscience, especially at this time of year.”

Cabot Financial were unavailable for comment.

(Sunday Mirror )

Has gone way up in my estimation.

Good lad :) not keen on his shows but he sure has got my appreciation :)

And mine, what a wondeful man - a most welcome member to the Cabot fan club.

I think these 'debt collector award' ceremonies should be scrapped altogether, they are parasites patting themselves on the back.

Excellent, he seems to have principles - unlike them.

Fantastic... though I wish he had turned up just to rip a hole into the management structure :-)

yah would of been nice if he conducted his show with the contempt it deserved and made them look so small and then donated the fee to cag to wipe salt into their wounds lol

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

It is so good to see some one successful not forgetting how hard it is for others, and seeing some things are more important than money.

Good for him!! :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I think these 'debt collector award' ceremonies should be scrapped altogether

This wasn't a ceremony it was a staff party.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Well done to Michael McIntyre for sticking to his principles.

I think we need his agents details so we can all send him a Christmas card.

Pookey

I'm in the DCA kicking business ..........and business is good!!!!

Good for you Michael McIntyre!

As Cerb has mentioned, you didn't host the Credit Today Awards either.

I like you now - funny and principled. :):D xx

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Hi there

Great stuff -- at least it's great to know that there are still SOME human beings left on this planet.

What however was the "Award winning Company" given its award for --for causing the most amount of Distress to the largest number of people in Kent in any one day in 2009.

I have to deal with another hideous outfit Restons solicitors at the moment.

I always endorse my envelopes to them in big red letters on the outside

Hey, Hey We're Restons OK

How many Houses have you Repossessed Today.

Good to see a great comedian sticking good to his principles - even in this time of tough market conditions -- that Gig presumably would have paid him a sizeable amount - especially welcome just before XMAS.

My faith in Human beings is a little stronger today -- well done.

Cheers

jimbo

Very impressed. Respect!

TBH there was always something I didn't quite like about him, couldn't put my finger on it. I'll rethink that now :)

His street cred has gone way up.

PLEASE NOTE... I AM MOST SORRY BUT I HAVE VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXTREME PRESSURE OF WORK - IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT HELP ON YOUR THREAD AND ARE GETTING NO RESPONSE PLEASE HIT THE TRIANGLE FOR SITE TEAM ASSISTANCE. ELSA XXX

Please check out my BLOG for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:

All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.

Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx

Please click the *star* of any CAG member who has helped you .

Cabot are doing really well are they? I thought they just posted losses of £6m.

Anyway, good for Michael Mcintyre. I don't particularly like him as a comic but he's got my respect for that.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Respect to him. he has my full support.

I am a consumer helping other consumers. Together we can and will make a differance. Please double check any information or advise I may give as I like yourself am learning as I go along in life.

1) give a small donation to this site to keep it going because without this forum I would know nothing.

2) Use your experience to help somone else on another thread.

Please do not PM me, my mail address is my username at this site address . I will not under any circumstances give out advise or help through mail, only on the open forum, however feel free to mail me to point me towards your thread and general talk etc.

Another thread on this too. Respect to Michael McIntyre twice.

And I DO like him as a comedian. Thanks to him, we now have a "man drawer" in our house too. We always had it, just didn't know it had a name, lol.

I wonder if Cabot will try and write off the cost of this event against their tax liabilities? Or is it a smoke screen to thank their staff for enduring the tough year they've had and oh, by the way, here's your p45s.