Rude and aggresive forum members

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am sure I am not the first person to feel this way and have no doubt I will not be the last.

I joined this forum for a mixture of social interaction as I don't get out much because of the nature of my disabilities, and the fact that I happen to be very knowledgeable with regards to driving matters in general.

I am happy to accept that I will not be right everytime and that the written word is sometimes read in a different light to that it was written in. But recently I seem to have fallen under attack from a few members who feel it is ok to respond to posts with utter rudeness and hostility.

The latest batch in the thread about a blue badge and a bus stop. I have been told by one member that I am not qualified to contribute. As a former driving instructor and someone who has been disabled for 9 years, I think I am possibly the most qualified to contribute. But it is the hositility and rudeness I cannot tollerate.

If we were all in a pub having a nice chat over a beer, you would not accept people talking to you in that manner, so why should you here?

I have found this very upsetting this morning. I do not feel the will to contribute any further at the moment for fear of having another member bite my head off for daring to have an opinion.

Any comments welcome below and I would hope the moderators of this forum can do something about the out and out aggresion on this forum at the moment. As I said at the begining, I am sure I am not alone in this thought.

I know exactly how you feel Jimmy!!

I had a similar run in with a well established member on this forum a while back. I said something like "oh well, we'll have to agree to disagree then" and recieved an angry retort along the lines of "oh no we won't, because I am right blah blah blah."

I am sorry that you are upset, but please don't let it spoil your day. The vast majority of members on this site are fab and you shouldn't stop contributing as we all have something to offer.

If you have been upset by a post then you can always report it using the red triangle on the bottom left hand side. However, different Mods seem to have different tolerance levels as regards what is acceptable.

Have a fab day hun!!

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

hi jimmy

take it on the chin and move on

some people should get a life rather than giving fellow members verbal gbh

i find its best just to ignore and they then get tired.

saying that

ive been wrong on a few occasions and welcome the imput from fellow members

its the only way we learn

but there is no excuse for being rude

simple fact is ignore it

its a bit diff when its in B/W i know

it takes getting used too.

but i certainly would not want you to refrain from helping & i suspect neither would your 'bullies'.

dxd

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I've had a similar experience recently and backed out of the thread in question. Sadly some 'we are ALWAYS right' people will get on their horses and stay there even though experience shows otherwise.

A bit like the climate change mob, who now can't decide who has the most correct data on the subject!

pop across to pepipoo, there are no big egos over there. any advice given there will be more relevant and helpful than the petty point scoring that goes on here.

:lol: :lol:

All forums are the same Pepipoo has a clique who can only be criticised at your own peril. Penaltycharges forum actually banned me for mentioning on here that the advice given was wrong. BTW Nero my ban has expired so I might be back :lol:. A discussion will involve various points of view this board unlike pepipoo is not a motoring only forum so many people with different points of view read the posts. If you park in a disabled bay for example there will be those willing to help and there will be those hacked off by your selfishness such is life I'm afraid. It is annoying though I must have to admit for people to state 'opinion' as fact. If you are not 100% sure of a legal point state its an opinion not fact. Posting rubbish such as 'you didn't leave the vehicle so appeal you were not parked' does nothing to help. :)

i view this place as a learning site

i dont mind being told i've not got hings correct, but i must admit some are a wee bit un tactful.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Jimmy

If you do have a run in with someone here please let us know using the Red Triangle on the bottom left of your post. There are Parking / Clamping companies who deliberately join the site to cause our users as much agro as possible. Our Forum rules section 3 (3.5a) will come into play if anyone gives another user personal abuse or starts a flame war.

The site team are here nearly 24 hours a day, and will respond as soon as we see a reported post, especially in the Parking forums. There are heated discussions in that forum, but a majority of the users are well known old hands at Parking Fine law and i would trust their judgment.

No one should come away from this forum feeling angry and upset over someone else's comments. Bullying and Harrassment of our users will result in Moderation of their account for the person involved.

Let us know if we can help.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I've reviewed the thread concerend, and I'm afraid Jimmy, if you think any of it is 'rude and agressive' then clearly you have a very sensitive nature and should not take things so seriously.

I do not believe anyone is being rude to you - we've had a couple of exchanges and I enjoy them. The problem for many is if they do not get the reply or consensus they expect, they start throwing insults around. More fool them, as anyone reading the thread can easily make up their own mind as to who is being unreasonable.

Meanwhile - I point out that Orange badges were replaced by Blue in April 2000, which was very relevant to the OP who explained they had had one fpr 9/10 years, what you experienced after 2000 would be irrelevant to this - but you took it to be a slight, which t was not. You responded to my comment with a rolleyes/sarcastic 'smiley'. Why? I simply stated a fact. Not that I doubted your use of a BB in the last 9 years, but that someone who had been issued with an Orange badge and taking it as a benchmark, could find themselves is sticky situations as it wasn't only that the badge changed colour, but what you could use it for.

Life's too short. If something upsets you - don't let it. I enojy a healthy debate, but if it degenrates into mud slinging then I'm happy to contribute until the mods get bored and remve it. I won't accept uncalled for antagonism for the sake of it - but I won't sit idly by either. But it doesn't upset me. And THAT'S the secret.

If you've felt I've contributed to your fwwlings of discomfort - sorry, none was ever intended, and any points were made in the spirit of friendly banter, no more and no less.

:)

Jeez. Get out of the pub the worng side?

You made a statement that is not correct. See my above post Mr happy for more details.

So sorry if I diagreed with your utterly perfect and helpful response to the OP. I will now leave you to advise them as you are obviously qualified for the job

you CANNOT guarantee it. I have had a blue badge

for 9 years and have only had a blue one. Whilst I am aware of the

existence of orange badges prior to that, you simply cannot assume that

everyone had an orange badge. So I stand by exactly what I

said.

And WE'RE rude and aggressive!!!!?????

Get real!! :rolleyes:

While we appreciate and expect lively debate, Personal abuse will not be tolerated.

Please re-familiarise yourselves with the site rules.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

I have sent you a pm and responded on the bus stop thread.

It was not my intention to be rude and I apologise if you felt I was being so. I do accept that I robustly contradicted you and I have explained on the thread why I felt it necessary to do so.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

No one should come away from this forum feeling angry and upset over someone else's comments. Bullying and Harrassment of our users will result in Moderation of their account for the person involved.

We have enough bullying and harrassment from the PPC's to not need it here

The trolls are usually obvious and one just has to tread as silently as possible on their bridges

• 3 months later...

wish I had found this a while ago - pleased to see i'm not being over sensitive and definitely feel that certain mods 'take advantage' at times and are a bit too selective dependant on their personal interest

my posts to explain my comments were removed but the others who were hurling abuse were not which resulted in me being accused of all sorts!

It's simple. If your a woman, You're right:p.

Maybe sometimes arrogant, obnoxious and downright rude....But nevertheless right;).

That's what I've been taught anyway.

(SOD'EM eagerly awaits a female CAGGER to post the words "WELL TRAINED", or something to that affect).:D

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

wish I had found this a while ago - pleased to see i'm not being over sensitive and definitely feel that certain mods 'take advantage' at times and are a bit too selective dependant on their personal interest

my posts to explain my comments were removed but the others who were hurling abuse were not which resulted in me being accused of all sorts!

I have had a look around the Moderated posts section Fluffy Bunny, i can't see any of your posts in there. Where did you post the comments?

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I appreciate we all have different views but some people seem to take pleasure in contradiction whatever the subject happens to be. Not because it imposes on their views...it's just a general disliking for the poster. Something that could pass, and be ignored by the parties but others post and sides are taken, like some childish playground.

Respect others and expect the same in return. Walk in their shoes..you may find yourself in their shadow one day.