welcome finance nightmare plz help

cardiff27
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya all was hoping to get some advice i took car on finance from welcome 3 years ago approx always made my payments on time my bnk card was misused by sum1 else but while it was bein sorted i temporarily stopped all d debits and had a new card sent out while this happened my welcome monthly d debit was missed an temp cancelled by me while i sorted my account out i contacted them an paid with my new d card wen it arrived i asked and asked to set up a new direct debit an i was told no as i had missed a payment for over a year now i have had to put up with these people phoning me every week for debit card payments sometimes 10 phone calls a week when they have called and i have been unable to answer due to work etc i have been charged for every 1 of these calls they have taken money of my card without permission on occassions and in all honesty with all these random payments ive lost track of my account and now mainly due to charges im now in arrears of £1600

they have served me with a default notice they said they would arrange to repossess my car byt u said they cant as i have paid over a third i have paid 6000 original agreement price was roughly 11 000 so thats deff over a third paid by me

they have hounded me tried to bully me and been so rude at times

i sent them a letter with an enclosed fee of £1 requesting a statement of my account sent by recorded delivery they wrote back saying i didnt enclose the £1 which is rubbish lol as i did so i then sent another request for the information this time with a £1 postal order again by recorded delivery they rang again demanding the £1600 but did admit they recieved the £1 payment and my account details were in the post this was approxx 2 weeks ago an still no statement of account so im wondering where on earth do i go from here i need my car and i dont wanna loose out on £6000 that i have already paid i have also written to them sayin i was mis sold the insurances again no reply to that the guy at welcome said they were goin to get a court order has any1 actually won in court against welcome ? i would really be greatful for any advice im worried to death over this thanks

ps 4got to say i also believe i have paid a lot more through debit card payments than there saying ive paid working through my bank statements to confirm this i would really appreciate any help on this im a young woman with 2 kids and my head is ready to burst with all this stress and worry any advice would be so helpful - thanks x

hi cardiff and welcome

another satisfied customer it seems

relax

they are not going to repo your car

if they do with out a court order, its payback time with 8% on top

lets get the info you require

send this

enclose a 10 quid postal order and send recorded

Welcome financial services

Compliance

Ruddington fields business park

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

[DATE]

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not linited merely to 6 years of historical information.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my financial business with you.

I require all information on details of all insurance products supplied by welcome financial services. This is to include the statement of means, statement of price, details of all insurance premium tax paid, and underwriting sheets.

If mortage indemnity insurance has been added to the agreement, i require all details on who this premium was paid to, and who underwrites this insurance.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties or charges which are invalid under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations against me, then I shall be reclaiming them together with any interest charges which you have levied on them.

As it is your wrongdoing and mishandling of my account which has created the necessity for this Subject Access Request, I shall also be reclaiming the enclosed £10 DPA subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

PRINT NAME

[name]

hiya cardiff27,

Try not to let them bully you ive been through a nightmare with these loan sharks and i can honestly say i nearly had a nervous breakdown, thankfully ive have just settled my account and am free of them at last. I found these forums so helpful and the advice you get is like you said better than an advice center. Hopefully now post is on to it for you then things will start going in your favour,

take care

hi cupcake thanks for the kind words glad your free of welcome hopefully soon i will be 2 an id love to have my day in court with 1 of there cocky employees id probably end up spending a day in the cells hahaha jk ... thanks for more helpfull advice postggj i will also get crackin on the insurance people to ... i feel less stressed now bcos i can actually do something rather than wait for there next move thanks all so much i mite even have a few glassess of wine tonight lol will keep updated with any news xxx

hello all had some paperwork sent through this morning of welcome hmmmm theres a lot of charges missing of this 1 compared to my previous annual statement will upload them tonight to see if any one can help out with this shocked at the insurance costs and fees an intrest rate will upload later x

take off the registration number of car and any personal details on uploaded paperwork never know who is reading ;)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

no worries forewarned is forearmed and we dont want them to be either lol x

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

ive just edited it lol i thought i hd removed all details shows how well i read contracts lol

hi edwi thanks for your kind comments everyone on here has been so helpful and understanding before i joined the forum i was ready to dance on welcome employees car bonnets in my highest stilletos but i fell a lot more calmer and in control of the situation thanks every1 xxx

hiya i wondered if any1 could help me understand my statement sent by welcome as shown in link above many times on statement it shows a payment made and credited to my account then in the next line the same payment is shown as a debit and added back on to my outstanding balance and also im comparing bank statements to welcomes statement half of my card payments are missing and completely diff amounts are shown on welcomes statement to what my bank actually paid i dont no what i do about this ?

Hey Cardiff. Welcome (sorry) to the Welscum forum. I have a lot of that going on with my statements aswell. A lot of credits suddenly become debits etc.

Your best bet is to post up your statements, and the agreement if you have it. Make sure you blank out all of the personal stuff first. Use photo bucket if you can (personally I hate the bloody thing. Never can work it properly). lol

This message will bump your thread up again and hopefully someone of import will be along swiftish to point you in the right direction on dealing with these ****.;) And Good Luck.

heyas mark thanks for the comment i have posted the statement theres a link to my photo bucket on this thread im happy waiting until some1 is free to help me out with this had some great advice so far maybe sum1 should start a thread on whos not gunna be sending welcome a xmas card lol but yeh the credit debit thing is a bit odd i spent hours last night going through my bank statements loads of my payments are missin from my welcome statement but im sure it will get sorted x