teed_off

Notice of Assignment

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3646 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

Its just a quickie : if a debt is assigned to DCA does the creditor have to notify you?

I was under the impression that creditors have to send you default notices then notice of assignment etc..

only if they sell the debt to the dca. if the dca is collecting on behalf of the oc then no.

ta for that hungrybear :D

Personally I will not pay a DCA untill I hear from the OC. Anybody could write to you saying you owe them money.

Check out s.136 & s.196 of the Law of Property Act 1925

Hi All

Received a letter of assignment in regards to an Argos card today - its already been to 3 DCA and the last one being Fredrickson Int .

The letter is from dlc and says that Argos no longer own the account and I should still deal with FI but the account is in dispute since beginning of the year. There was a letter from Argos advising of the assignment of debt etc.

Do I send the account in dispute to dlc or send another CCA or do nothing.

Look forward to your comments

If you have already had a CCA there is no point in wasting more money. Was the CCA enforceable?

I am sure that if an account is in dispute they aren't supposed to sell it on until the dispute is sorted but I'm sure if I'm wrong some will tell us.

I would be inclined to send a letter just to remind them that this account is still in dispute, I'll guess that Argos hasn't told them.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Well it looks like Argos is getting rid of its unenforceable debt, because I had a notice of assignment today from Argos too, but mine was sold to Hillesden.

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

If you have already had a CCA there is no point in wasting more money. Was the CCA enforceable?

I am sure that if an account is in dispute they aren't supposed to sell it on until the dispute is sorted but I'm sure if I'm wrong some will tell us.

I would be inclined to send a letter just to remind them that this account is still in dispute, I'll guess that Argos hasn't told them.

DG

no they sent me an agreement with no signature on it :shock:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!