style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3636 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

What is the court judgement for giving fake identity to a train ticket inspector in London?

I was going to get fined on the national rail for not touching in my oyster card. I tried to explain to the ticket inspector why I didnt touch in my oyster card. (I nearly missed the train and I had no time to touch in). The ticket inspector asked me to write my name and address. I lied to him about my identity. He verified but he said he was going to call the police if he cant identify who I was. So I told him my real identity. He said I am going to court for giving fake identity. He asked me a few questions and took note of them. So what is the fine by the court or punishment. Will I get a criminal record? What should I do? Plea guilty or not guilty?

Thanks in advance.

Post moved to Transport Forum & new thread created.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

If in employment, the guidelines suggest a fine of £350 minus 1/3 for a guilty plea for each charge + costs.

If unemployed/student, a fine of £100 minus 1/3 for a guilty plea + costs.

If you plead not guilty and are convicted there is an increase in costs + no discount from the guideline fine.

Giving of false details is usually seen an an aggravating factor and may increase the fine to the next level.

If in employment, the guidelines suggest a fine of £350 minus 1/3 for a guilty plea for each charge + costs.

If you plead not guilty and are convicted there is an increase in costs + no discount from the guideline fine.

Giving of false details is usually seen an an aggravating factor and may increase the fine to the next level.

SRPO

How sure are you? Have you experienced this before? Will I get a criminal record?

Thanks

SRPO

How sure are you? Have you experienced this before? Will I get a criminal record?

Thanks

SRPO is spot on.

A Pre-Pay Oyster card is not a rail ticket.

It is just a means of carrying credit which must be given up to pay the fare due by touching the validation pad before boarding a train or bus

SRPO

Thanks

Well theres a 50/50 chance that im either:

A) Sure.

B) Making it up.

I very rarely post on this forum now due to ignorant & arrogant so & so's who post opinion rather than fact, on this forum I believe people would prefer fact to opinion so I'll let you decide.