Help regarding a currys coverplan

barbaraanne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a new member and seeking help regarding a currys coverplan.

This coverplan was for a panasonic 26 lcd tv purchased 4yrs 7mnths ago. I am having technical problems and having similar difficulties as every other customer i've read about on this forum.

I understand that Coverplan has been replaced by Whathappens next.

The coverplan states 6wks must elapse before vouchers are given. Whathappens next is 21days.

I really need to know which apply's to me.

Please can someone advise

Hello and Welcome, barbaraanne,

I've started a new thread for you.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Alf,

There's a superb guide to the site here............

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Just checked my cover plan agreement and it states. IF YOUR PRODUCT CAN'T BE REPAIRED, OR IF IT TAKES LONGER THAN 6 WEEKS TO REPAIR, YOU MEY REQUEST A REPLACEMENT. I shall be going to the store tomorrow to see why my set still has not been returned.

It went away on 3rd Nov as we could not receive bbc channels. I have been visited 5 times and advised firstly that the signal was too weak.

Then the signal was too strong and I would need to fit an attenuater to reduce signal strength. Which didn't work.

The last time it was del;ivered and the fault was still there so it was taken away again. That was on 1st Dec and have heard nothing since.

While I may have to abide by the six week rule because thats what the contract says. I will also argue that the contract also says that IF THE PROBLEM CANNOT BE SOLVED OVER THE PHONE, WE WILL SEND AN ENGINEER OUT TO YOU. Well I have never seen an engineer in 5 visits. all iv'e had, have been delivery drivers.:mad:

Just checked my cover plan agreement and it states. IF YOUR PRODUCT CAN'T BE REPAIRED, OR IF IT TAKES LONGER THAN 6 WEEKS TO REPAIR, YOU MEY REQUEST A REPLACEMENT. I shall be going to the store tomorrow to see why my set still has not been returned.

While I may have to abide by the six week rule because thats what the contract says. I will also argue that the contract also says that IF THE PROBLEM CANNOT BE SOLVED OVER THE PHONE, WE WILL SEND AN ENGINEER OUT TO YOU. Well I have never seen an engineer in 5 visits. all iv'e had, have been delivery drivers.:mad:

With all due respect, let me give you a few pointers.

1: Do not take out your fustrations on the store staff, they are not mastercare, all they are responsible for is sending and recieving your package. They can't issue vouchers, and can't write your TV off or repair it. So not only is being angry with them pointless, it's actualy damaging because they won't want to help you.

2: As far as an engineer goes an operator will only send an engineer out if the fault can be repaired in your home, if the bloke on the phone believes this isn't possible he won't offer you an engineer. Obviously it'd be pointless them wasting your time and having an engineer called out only for him to say there's nothing he can do and it'll have to be collected anyway.

Anyway, it's over the 28th day, give mastercare a ring, and quote the 28 day rule, they should send you a letter with a voucher code to go buy a new tv.

Edited by Renzokuken

I have rang currys. No trace of set will call me Wednesday.

Tech guys called and wanted to know what was the problem?

I was also told that because I have cover plan agreement I will have to wait six weeks before I can invoke the VOUCHER RULE

Edited by barbaraanne

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Sorry to hear of your troubles. Yeah Coverplan policies willhold out until exactly 6 weeks (even if they know it wont be fixed in time). It is then up to you to call Mastercare and request the 6 week replacement rule (only after 6 weeks). They will then confirm that 42 days has passed, work out the nearest spec of applaince, and issue you with a voucher along with a pro rata refund of any warranty to put towards a replacement. If you decide to buy another warranty it will then go onto the newer WEH.;)

Hi

Yeah you are absolutely right about the six week rule.

To recap. WE HAD BOUGHT THE PANASONIC VIERA 26" FOR £1300 IN JANUARY 2005. THE REPLACEMENT VALUE WAS £149.99. This would have given us the same make of tv and identical in most things except a pc port which the original had.

Anyway after plenty of haggling I managed to get £499 and bought a 32" VIERA.

So all in all we are pleased with outcome.

The next day we received a call from one of the drivers who said "I will be with you in five minutes" He wanted to bring the old set back!!

Many thanks Ex DSG Man

and to all who helped

Alf