Pinky69

Cases against banks/DCAs can be heard anywhere in Europe

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3652 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Credit Today

So presumeably you can now have your cases heard in Scotland, where the bank/DCA must produce an agreement when they lodge the summons!:D

I wonder if it also means is bringing your case before a court in a country where the statute barred limit is only 3 years

Hope this helps

If you feel that this site has helped you in any way please leave a donation if you can afford to do so.

If you feel that have been helpful please feel free to tip the scales.

The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away. ~Tom Waits, Small Change

Please note: i am not a qualified lawyer, any advice is offered in good faith and is based on my own and others experiences and a penchant for research and a desire to help others to empower themselves

Now there's an idea! Even being allowed the limitation act that applies to Scotland would be a bonus, as we live in the United Kingdom, and most of these shady DCA's are in Glasgow, trying to ply their trade in a completely different jurisdiction.:cool:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I should have clarified what I meant, which was that cases that we raise against banks/DCAs could presumeably be raised in Scotland for those living in England and the banks/DCAs would have to produce an agreement if they wished to make a counterclaim and also to defend. Without one they have lost before they have started.

I agree. You could probably raise your Statute Barred cases in Scotland where the SB limit is 5 years and not only that but under Scots law an SB debt is covered by the Prescriptions and Limitations Act 1973 which means that after the 5 years the debt is scrubbed completely - it no longer exists. There are a whole lot of possibilities to be explored.

Blimey.

Whatever you think of claims companies, that particular one is certainly putting the sh*ts up the finance industry.

david

the crap just keeps piling up higher and higher for these idiots :lol:

this has got to be investigated fully to see the real implications for the Debt buyers

I should have clarified what I meant, which was that cases that we raise against banks/DCAs could presumeably be raised in Scotland for those living in England and the banks/DCAs would have to produce an agreement if they wished to make a counterclaim and also to defend. Without one they have lost before they have started.

I agree. You could probably raise your Statute Barred cases in Scotland where the SB limit is 5 years and not only that but under Scots law an SB debt is covered by the Prescriptions and Limitations Act 1973 which means that after the 5 years the debt is scrubbed completely - it no longer exists. There are a whole lot of possibilities to be explored.

Agreed, whilst you have my full attention, it does need to be explored more, but it does stand to reason that if the DCA's based in Glasgow are chasing payments in England then why shouldn't debtors be able to use the Scottish Legal System to defend their case?

Or is that too easy!:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!