scimi..driver / charge certificate received

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I Have unfortunately been issued with a 'Charge Certificate' due to excess time parked (first 1.5 hours free) at Lidl in Dundee from Athena ANPR based in Uxbridge.

Usual stuff from what I have read, £90.00 fine. £45.00 if paid within 14 days, photographs of me driving the car in and out at alleged times

As this has happened in Scotland, is the 'the ignore and get on with your life' still advised as there are different legal systems in place North of the Border

regards

Hi, scimi..driver.

I've started a new thread for you.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

The photographs they took do not clearly identify the driver so I geuss if push came to shove and they did take it to court, they would have to identify the driver (which I believe I am not required to disclose to them)

So should I just ignore all correspondance even registered post?

Seems reasonable.

The only thing you shouldn't ignore are court papers. That said there's a miniscule chance of them taking you to court. Some companies like to issue "draft" court papers in an attempt to intimidate. A quick call to HM Court Service will tell you if they're real or not. However let me stress this is extremely unlikely.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Court papers - to be valid they will need a have a claim number and a court seal.

Some PPC's have sent out 'fake' court papers to scare you into paying. If this happens then report it to the court concerned

The best course of action is that already noted and that is to ignore everything except properly served court papers. The pieces of paper will get scarier with ever increasing amounts and purport to come from Debt Collectors and Solicitors but these are in reality the PPC in disguise

The chances of court are slim indeed as they do not have a case

Ignore