acquiesce

Should i attend disaplinary

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3635 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi im currently suspending for gross misconduct and have a disaplinary scheduled for next week. i have attended 2 investigation interviews and giving my version of events (i am accused of not following procedure and loss of money to the company) i cannot deny the evidence they produced and 100 certain i will be dimissed as the only argument i have is that the company made more from the sales as to what they lost (basically i manage sales people and offered extra discount to clinch sales but used the wrong type and then failed to follow up checking that no further discount have been given) so i pretty much know that i have not followed procedure so im expecting to be dimissed. obviously i have spent the last few weeks worry as per everyone i have bills to pay and i really just dont know if i want to attend the disaplinary is it worth the mental stress and hassell...what would happen if i just didnt attend... i presume i would just be dismissed in my absence...any thoughts would be appreicated... i had an ivestigation by security who have put in writing that i have not gained personally and it is purely procedule so i dont think there is any fraud cases

Hi acquiesce,

How long have you been employed by the Company?.

Have you been disciplined or warned about this type of action before?

Were you correctly trained?

To be frank if you do not attend a hearing, you run the risk of being found guilty by default---you may say that the investigations have already found you gulity but the company sound as if they are following standard procedure----it does not neccessarily mean you will be dismissed.

If you are the least bit interested in keeping your position I (as a HR manager) advise you to go and make yor case.

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

hey thanks for the reply

ive been with the company 10 years and currently on a final written warning for neglect of duty (basically after 70 hour week i left the front door of the building unlocked) so i would presume they would probably link the 2

My training was ropey but i know the procedures just didnt follow them to the exact ruling.

Im not sure i have a case to put forward other than that probably no other manager in the company follows the procedures but obviously i have no proof of this.

I dont think even if i was not dimissed i could actually return to work after being suspended for 2 weeks and all these interviews being held at my store i really dont know if i could cope with the humiliation

Hi,

Attend all meetings and hearings> State your case and be honest.

Im attending a Disciplinary Hearing soon. I know I'm not guilty, but the last 6 months have been stressful and cause depression, but I would strongly advise you to follow procedure, especially if you work in HR.

Be strong. Be Sincere and tell the truth.