cancellation fee makeover day

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi my daughter recently was contacted by double take photography who told her that her friend had recommended her to have a make over day and photo shoot for the reduced price of £25 for her and her guest and included in that she would get a picture. she confirmed this with her friend and agreed to have it done,so on the 14th of November,she made an appointment over the telephone for the 8th of December but they charged her debit card £10 each for her and her friend as a booking fee. unfortunately not long after she made the appointment my daughters friend was involved in a car crash and had her car written off and was full of bruises etc so wanted to cancel the appointment. My daughter rang double take to cancel and was told she was over the 7 day cancellation cooling off period as it was now 8 days so she had to pay £25.00 each cancellation fee, she tried to argue that she was not aware of this and it wasnt fair, but the woman insisted she pay it telling her she should think herself lucky because she could have charged her £125.00. So with that my daughter paid with her mastercard, not wanting to get into any more debt.

I think this is disgusting she has paid these people £70 and has not received any goods or services for the pleasure. It isnt as if she left it till the last minute to cancel, it was 12 working days before and had not signed anything, and didnt receive their terms and conditions until the day after she rang to cancel. I looked at the terms and conditions and they seem a bit onesided especially the bit when it says if you are 20 mins late for your appointment it will be cancelled by them and you will have to pay a £125.00 cancellation fee even though it is double take who are cancelling it. MM thieves and robbers springs to mind. Anybody have any advice on how to get her money back?????? thank you