Credit Agreement Unenforcement Process - Clarified?

impact37
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I'm a bit perplexed with all the conflicting info on this and other forums. I'm Happy to make a generous donation if i can find all of this info in 1 place or links to the correct info all in 1 place for ease of use.

Do we have or can we put together an updated Process from start to finish for writing to credit card / credit companies with the goal of getting the debt unenforced or "written off" whatever the term is.

Please correct me and add more info where required, here is how i see the process / info required with my very limited knowledge.

1) Initial letter to be sent, wording and requests and what exactly are we requesting?

For example when i applied for my cards (used incidentally for a Sole Trader business) i applied mainly via phone or flyer application forms that you find in magazines. What would the response to my request be to this? Please cover this scenario.

2) Payment to be sent with initial letter.

*some posts say send £1 postal order with the letter and some say, £1 + £10?

3) Detail the time the credit company has to respond with the requested info before we need to respond or whatever step 2 is?

*some posts say they have 12 days, some say 21 and some say 30 days?

4) Subsequent steps when we get the required info enforceable by the credit company or unenforceable in our favour?

Thanks

Ian

there are step by step instruction & FAQ's on the homepage

or use the search in the blue bar above.

CCA request is £1 and they must comply in 12+2 working days.

and SAR is the otherone that gets you all the paperwork/statements they have on you to assist in reclaiming unlawful charges/PPI if mis-sold. thats £10 per Co. & they have 40 calendar days.

dont get too drawn in by the rubbish of all these claims co's on the TV and the web.

an unenforceable CCA is not some magic bullets that instantly wipes debt away.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8393768.stm

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Don't forget this is a learning exercise and if you end up in court its' you that needs to be able to present the legal argument in your defence...so whilst an A-Z templated process sounds wonderful its ain't that easy as the DCAs break the rules and DJs don't understand them.

Live Life-Debt Free

hi, can anyone help, i have exhausted every avenue trying to obtain a true copy of signed credit agreement from barcalycard, sent the £1 - never got a copy sent a subject access request £10 - never got a copy, but got all letters and statements and telephone records (no correspondance of sending my details to all 3rd party debt collectors and credit reference agencies) or a full explanantion of as to why they sent my details to 3rd partys as requested. debt collectors are still sending letters to inform me of doorstep calls to valuate my property for the taking even though i sent the appropriate letter stating under common law i withdraw the right for them to visit etc.. i have explained in writing these actions are unlawful as barclaycard have let the account into a default situation and have passed my details unlwafully and they are acting unlawfully on barclaycards behalf etc, but they are ignoring everything, but the debt collectors recently sent a letter stating that they have "great news" they will reduce the amount of debt if i contact them for a one time settlement offer !!! well since i have had unlawful charges and interest added since the account fell into a default situation they can JOG ON !!!! But is there anyone with any advice ? oh i have always stated in all correspondance to hte debt collectors that they should let a court of law deal with this and to inform me of the court date and time so that i can attend the hearing but i have never had any mention of this in any correspondance recieved from them just demands for payment. can anyone help me with this, thank you so much x

hi, can anyone help, i have exhausted every avenue trying to obtain a true copy of signed credit agreement from barcalycard, sent the £1 - never got a copy sent a subject access request £10 - never got a copy, but got all letters and statements and telephone records (no correspondance of sending my details to all 3rd party debt collectors and credit reference agencies) or a full explanantion of as to why they sent my details to 3rd partys as requested. debt collectors are still sending letters to inform me of doorstep calls to valuate my property for the taking even though i sent the appropriate letter stating under common law i withdraw the right for them to visit etc.. i have explained in writing these actions are unlawful as barclaycard have let the account into a default situation and have passed my details unlwafully and they are acting unlawfully on barclaycards behalf etc, but they are ignoring everything, but the debt collectors recently sent a letter stating that they have "great news" they will reduce the amount of debt if i contact them for a one time settlement offer !!! well since i have had unlawful charges and interest added since the account fell into a default situation they can JOG ON !!!! But is there anyone with any advice ? oh i have always stated in all correspondance to hte debt collectors that they should let a court of law deal with this and to inform me of the court date and time so that i can attend the hearing but i have never had any mention of this in any correspondance recieved from them just demands for payment. can anyone help me with this, thank you so much x

you need to start YOUR OWN thread

not hi-jack someone elses.........

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

to dx100uk

i am so sorry i have annoyed you, i am new to this site and have obviously trodden on your toes. once again i apologise and thank you for your kind and nicley worded response, thank you so much for help, i hope no one helps you in the same way. jadey1972.

to dx100uk

i am so sorry i have annoyed you, i am new to this site and have obviously trodden on your toes. once again i apologise and thank you for your kind and nicley worded response, thank you so much for help, i hope no one helps you in the same way. jadey1972.

:eek:

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...