Wescot and GUS debt

blondie46
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:evil::evil:Today I received a letter from these numpties. It is a 'statement of account' and says opening balance as of 01/10/08 is £83.79. This debt is supposedly owed to GUS home shopping.:-|

Now what I find strange is, I have never dealt with GUS shopping, and secondly, the debt is listed as 2008 and yet they have just contacted me. It says on the back of the letter in a Q&A section 'If the account is still outstanding, why haven't you contacted me recently?'

Their reply is 'Although you may not have received any recent correspondence from us, the account is still outstanding' How can it be outstanding when I have never had any dealings with GUS. Is this Wescot trying to pull a fast one? I certainly am not ringing them, no do I want to write, so just need a little advice from you guys as to what I should do.:rolleyes:

The man of my dreams is where he wants to be. If he wanted me, he'd be here ... :eek:

Great Universal - Shop for all the Latest in Fashion and Homeware

So you've not had a catalogue account?

Is the name and address correct, any misspelt words, or incorrect middle names?

Quite possibly a fishing trip, I would file it under 'Christmas Cracker Jokes' and wait to see if they send any more threatogrammes.

Keep the envelopes aswell, is their any ref numbers on there, can you go online and check to see exactly what this account is supposed to have bought and owe?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yes I have had catalogues, but they have been covered by my DRO. This is completely unknown to me. Name and address is right though. There is a ref number but how can I check it online? I don't owe this debt so I think that's a bit difficult.

I will ignore anyway Just read the letter again and it says the outstanding account as of 30/09/09, thats over 2 months ago. If as they claim I owe it, why have they waited for two months before contacting me? Sounds very dodgy to me..

The man of my dreams is where he wants to be. If he wanted me, he'd be here ... :eek:

GUS shopping is only a one of a number of different names for catalogues, and the majority of catalogues are financed by Shop Direct Finance Company Limited.

Welcome to Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited - the UK's Biggest Shop at Home Group

Have you had a Littlewoods account for instance?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yes I have, but like I said, it is covered in my DRO. If this is a catalogue chasing me, and the debt is listed on my Debt Relief Order, they cannot pursue my for it. I know by the amount though that this is not my debt. I know exactly how much I owed when I applied for the Order, and the amount Wescot quoted doesnt cover any catalogue I've dealt with.

Well good for you, let them continue sending out deforestation as it is costing them, you'd think that by now these lousy companies would actually train their staff and trace 'alleged' debtors, unlike at the moment where they put all the names into a hat and pull one out and decide that 'this month we will harass this person'!

Boo;)

Apparently Wescot are well known for this kind of thing, that's why I'm ignoring it. I know I don't owe it and that's good enough for me. If they maintain I owe it, let them provide proof!!!!:D:?:p

Apparently Wescot are well known for this kind of thing, that's why I'm ignoring it. I know I don't owe it and that's good enough for me. If they maintain I owe it, let them provide proof!!!!:D:?:p

exactly they arnt worth worrying about

If they maintain I owe it, let them provide proof!!!!:D:?:p

Which is exactly what they should have done from the very start, in fact that is exactly what all these diseased collection agencies are required to do anyway, yet more laws and guidelines they run rough shod over!

• dx100uk changed the title to Wescot and GUS debt